Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Russell's Apiaries

First, bees that fly in the dark (moonbeams), Now "bred a bee that can do the back stroke??" Whats next? The military converting all of Russell's surplus drones into "Predator Drones" for covert operations? Probably more money in it too.

With all of the crazy weather that we are all being tested this year, it's nice that we can still have a good laugh once in a while.

Russell, keep up the faith & persistence. I'm with Ted & can wait for my queens also.

Big Grin Re: Russell's Apiaries

[QUOTE=SPRUCE BEE;655084]The military converting all of Russell's surplus drones into "Predator Drones" for covert operations?QUOTE]

SHHHHH!!! Thats supposed to be classified!

Just wanted to say thanks guys. We are all still alive, and the girls are safe, high, and dry! Its been one heck of year!

We are going to be shipping every single dry day of next week... using mostly USPS Express Service even on orders that were paid for priority... If all goes well, we hope to actually be AHEAD OF SCHEDULE after this weeks shipments!!! WELL, ALMOST.... The SunKist Cordovans were the ones that were hit worst in the first wave of tornadoes... 6,000 cells were lost, countless mating nucs, and around 700 hives... So we had to bring in more drone colonies and start over again with them... The lower number of drone colonies means a lower number of mating nucs has to be ran... So hang in there guys... we do have a few hundred from my personal stock that will be shipped next week...

We want to help this industry and everyone in it to grow, I know you cant make Everyone happy, but Im sure gonna try! lol. So long as its something that I can actually do... I cant control the weather, but I can provide great queens...

Thanks again guys... and Spruce Bee, SHHHHHH!
    Last edited by Barry; 05-08-2011 at 06:03 AM. Reason: inappropriate content

I recently purchased a few queens from Mr Russell, he was prompt and very friendly, great customer service, hard to get a hold of but afterwards very attenative, two thumbs up.
    Gus Mitchell

Quote Originally Posted by broodhead View Post
    Consider yourself lucky to have received the two queens!!! I ordered a few of the Sunkist Cordovans for April 18 ship date and yet have not received my queens. Sure would like to hear something.
    I also ordered a sunkist Queen in Jan and a shipping date of 26 Apr here it is a month later and I have sent a few e-mails and getting no answers. They have had many issues but with this weather, all accross the med states. I can see why.
    Cecil Dowdy.

I ordered 20 queens and did not receive a confirmation of the order for a month....and only after I sent them an e-mail to cancel the order.

Now the order is past due...another cancel order has been sent.

Ordered 2 queens on Saturday did not hear anything till Monday . Sent an email with paypal transaction details and received a response on Tuesday that they need my ph no for shipping the next day (wednesday). Sent the ph no and received a tracking no on Wednesday.
    Received 2 queens via express mail today i.e Thursday. I'm happy. :-)
    There is no greater satisfaction than the satisfaction of a job well done.

What type of queens did you order??

Still waiting on my Caucasian queen....well not so much the queen but would like to get a message replyed to...but understand how days in the field make for early nights and that is prob what is happening with Russell and company right now.
    Green Mountain Apiary
    www.greenmountainapiary.com

Sorry for the late reply. I ordered sunkist queens. Have them installled in 3 frame nucs, will check tom.
    There is no greater satisfaction than the satisfaction of a job well done.

The caucasians are running late. I got my sunkists last week, but was told my caucasian was delayed. The sunkists queens looked awesome. I can't wait to see how the do.

Dan Hayden
    Dan Hayden 4 Years. 12 hives. Tx Free. USDA Zone 5b.

No customer service what so ever. Phone voice mail has been full forever. No email response. Private message box here is full. Nothing, zip, zilch, nadda. But has been posting here regularly since I placed order. Look forward to receiving my order. Never again after that!
    Last edited by BeeBrothersApiary; 06-08-2011 at 08:43 PM. Reason: speel check

Please, this forum is NOT to be used to try and make contact with any supplier/vendor. You may share that the supplier hasn't returned emails/calls, but do not post a message trying to make contact with them.
    Regards, Barry

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBrothersApiary View Post
    No customer service what so ever. Phone voice mail has been full forever. No email response. Private message box here is full. Nothing, zip, zilch, nadda. But has been posting here regularly since I placed order. Look forward to receiving my order. Never again after that!
    I have to agree with BeeBrother. Im very understanding/sympathetic to the fact that tornadoes caused havoc in the Russell bee yards. But I also am a customer whose credit card was charged back in march, and I think it would be appropriate and professional to at least recieve some type of communication, response, etc to the multiple emails I have sent (through private email, company website, and this website). I was finally forced to cancel my order, but have recieved no response to that either.

Our phones ring off the hook, this is why there is a note everywhere that the phone number is listed that says phones are extremely busy, email is the best way to get through... this does not mean that we can answer every email, every day. We answer emails in the order in which they are received. Keep in mind that we have tons of people that ask for advice... so during times of high volume (pretty much anytime other than early winter. Lol), it can take a while to get to each question... I have recently been in the hospital and am now back home but still stuck under Dr wife's care. Lol. During which I am trying to get some posts in that can help to answer questions and give advice, before it becomes another email to respond to.

We have shipped over 30,000 queens so far this year after a season of continuous tragedy and one natural disaster after another... as for customer service, I think we have done quite well considering the circumstances and I believe that most will agree.

I will add though that if anyone is just "needing any ol queen", DO NOT order from us... we do not provide such creatures... we produce high quality queens with the utmost effort and focus on providing lineages that will help our industry as a whole. Yes, we produce a lot of them, but not for the purpose of "stocking the shelves" for fast supply...

My pm box is not full, as I erase older pms before that happens. While I am stuck at home or in the lab anyway, I will be happy to check on orders as I can. But while I am able to work in the field, that is where I will be... I cant raise queens or find solutions to the threats that we face if I am talking on the phone or typing emails. We have a very good staff that not only know their way around an office but also know bees inside and out... when they have been needed in the field, that is where I had to put them. Would I do it differently if I had a chance to? Absolutely not. We live in a digital world where people have become accustomed to being able to handle things with the click of a mouse, but it takes sweat, a strong back and lots of time doing hard work in the sun to produce quality queens. So if you send us a message, and do not get a response, know for sure that it isn't because we are avoiding you or too busy playing golf to answer... its because we are working, working, working... sometimes a bit too much for our own good. I think that most can respect and appreciate that.

Dbart, send me your info and I will find out what has happened. We have no issues with canceling orders... anyone who can see the news can see that we have battled multiple record rains, then several weeks of horrible tornadoes, then record floods, and then record setting heatwaves.

We want our queens to get to those that want and need them... although cancelling is not my recommendation, it is not unwelcome.
    Last edited by rrussell6870; 06-08-2011 at 11:08 PM. Reason: sp

I feel Russell Apiaries has done pretty well considering all of the adverse weather they have had to work around this year. It was a pretty common thing with all of the queen producers to have delays due to weather & poor mating. Just look at all of the horror stories out there about junk queens shipped out with packages and failing this year. I feel sorry for those individuals being treated like that. I ordered my queens early. Dr. Russell did periodic notifications on forums about anticipated delays. I received my queens two weeks later that requested, but I am extremely happy with that...just part of agriculture & the weather. I always have a alternate plan set up for un-expected things such as order or weather delays (bees, their just insects in boxes, you can split & population balance them any way you need for swarm prevention, honey production, etc.). For the size of his operation and with my experience with ordering many queens over the years from other large queen suppliers I would say they have done an extremely well job. The queens I received arrived in excellent shape and all were readily accepted. Quality of product comes 1st in my opinion. I'm extremely happy with the quality queens I received from him & have already put my order in for some of his Moonbeams for May 2012.
    Last edited by SPRUCE BEE; 06-09-2011 at 12:23 AM.

I had some issues with Russell's earlier in the season when my queens were delayed. I had made my schedule based on actual ship date and had to make some revisions but the queens did come in. I have since learned that it pays to have some type of backup plan or just wait until you have queens in hand before making splits. I think Russell's is going through some growing pains, perhaps realizing that you need the right amount of support staff to handle customer issues when you are that big?

As some are saying, what is most important are the quality of the queens and I must say the Sunkist and Italians I am using are superb. I am very pleased and would use them again.

Quote Originally Posted by giant pumpkin peep View Post
    Im getting sunkists and cant wait!
    I ordered a Sunkist queen in Jan for an April 23 delivery have sent several email
    and still haven't heard from them.

Cecil Dowdy

Quote Originally Posted by rrussell6870 View Post
    ...lineages that will help our industry as a whole.
    - Is why we ordered from you, your quality in breeding reputation procedes you.

Very sorry to hear you are having health issues. On behalf of all of us here, good energy and best wishes sent to you.

Your contributions to this forum are highly valued.

We are all very busy adjusting to Mother Nature while "working, working, working" to keep up with demand.

I simply don't want my investment sitting in a 115 degree mailbox for two days.

Thumbs Up Re: Russell's Apiaries

I must say that I am very pleased with the queens that I have received so far. Both of my orders were delayed, however I will always take quality over convenience. In addition I have gotten a response from all of my communications, however it can take a few days or more. Over all I am very pleased with the business interaction. While I can understand the frustration (I currently have 2 queen-less hives), I shudder to think how it is to deal with hundreds or thousands of small orders like mine and think that Russell Apiaries has done an outstanding job all things considered. I will absolutely order in the future and have also already ordered my moonbeams for may 2012.
    Dan Hayden 4 Years. 12 hives. Tx Free. USDA Zone 5b.

I am also very very happy with my queens from russell. Very solid pattern, and they are a booming. Volentairly pushed my order back a week, and had issues with the post office. One queen was doa. Russel shipped out a replacment in two days. I was happy.
    Chris Cree
    Cree's Bees

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast