Default I wanna bee an Oregon beekeeper!

My bee story began several months ago when I went to see Queen of the Bees (which I knew I was gonna love because I loved The Real Dirt on Farmer John). I walked out of the theater and was so moved by what I saw that I instantly decided that my new hobby in life was/is to be a beekeeper! Before I knew it, I had signed up for a day long workshop with a biodynamic beekeeper who further deepened my interest in beekeeping. The only challenge was having to wait ALL WINTER for spring (which is trying to happen here but seems to be extraordinarily slow in coming this year!) so that I could get started. I now have a warre hive and am anxiously awaiting a wild swarm.

The beautiful thing about this is that I also LOVE honey! In fact, I am so particular about my honey that I even take it with me when I travel. I know there are those who would regard such behavior as a bit over the top, but Real Tea Drinkers like myself will know and appreciate that if one adds nasty tasting honey to tea, it will render the tea undrinkable.

I look forward to exploring the wild and wonderful world of bees with others here. Its nice to know there are so many other folks in the world who share this passion.

Default Re: I wanna bee an Oregon beekeeper!

Welcome to the pursuit. I hesitate to say "club" because beekeepers can be some of the most disorganized, individualistic folks there are. I hope by now you have obtained some equipment and have bees on order. Good luck!

Welcome!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

Quote Originally Posted by Terim View Post

The beautiful thing about this is that I also LOVE honey! In fact, I am so particular about my honey that I even take it with me when I travel. I know there are those who would regard such behavior as a bit over the top, but Real Tea Drinkers like myself will know and appreciate that if one adds nasty tasting honey to tea, it will render the tea undrinkable.
    Last week I had my first cup of tea (giant glass mug) with my own honey!! It was the best cup of tea I've ever had!! I also will be travelling with my honey.

Good luck and welcome