Default Hello from an artist in Boston

Hello everyone.

My name is Andrea Zampitella. I am a teacher in Somerville, MA and a multi-disciplinary artist. I am working on an art project, "The Hive", that will take place June 4th and 5th as part of the FIGMENT festival on the Rose Kennedy Greenway in Boston that I wanted to let you know about it. Here is a brief description of our project...

The Hive emerged as a way to advocate for the health of bees, which are vital to the survival of a majority of our crops. The recent phenomenon CCD ( colony collapse disorder) continues to affect hives across the United States. As a result, bees are mysteriously disappearing from their hives. The disappearance of the bee's sometimes cause entire colonies to collapse without enough worker bees to keep the hive running. Inspired by the bee population's natural and incredible survival instinct, and teamwork, The Hive is a structure that is experiential, multi-sensory and interactive, inviting artists, sculptors, musicians, and all creative thinkers to contribute to the construction, atmosphere and culture of our communal space. The structure of The Hive serves as metaphor for fearless collaboration, community engagement and collective creativity.

for more information please visit our website:

www.bostonswarm.org

Please feel free to contact me

Looking forward to learning and teaching about bee's and beekeeping. Thank you for this great resource.

Andrea

Default Re: Hello from an artist in Boston

Welcome Andrea!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

Default Re: Hello from an artist in Boston

Hi Andrea, welcome!
    The little bee returns with evening's gloom,
    To join her comrades in the braided hive... -Tennyson