Default safe powered sugar

Is there a powered sugar available in the stores without corn starch?

Default Re: safe powered sugar

A minimal amount of corn starch is added to keep the powdered sugar from caking and sticking together. I don't know that it harms anything though I am sure it bothers some people. You might check with a bakers supply

Just make your own. Throw some regular granulated sugar into your blender and let it blend for a minute or so and, voilà, you've got powdered sugar.

Have heard corn starch is is a problem only if the bees can't make cleansing flights. But if you want pure p sugar do like Holyhabanero said. Jim
    Stop and smell the flowers, 50,000 ladies can't be wrong
    Bsweetapiary@aol.com

Bakers use a powdered sugar call "drivert" sugar. It is pure cane with no corn starch. It is more expensive than powdered sugar and harder to find. I've used it for dusting bees for mites but have since started using regular powdered sugar for this with no side effects that I can see. The problem I had with using a blender was getting a uniform "grind" on the sugar. Some of it was really powdery and some was kind of course and I just didn't have much luck getting it all even.

Mike
    Beekeeper? Shoot, my bees keep me!
    100 hives in Western Wa State

oldforte; you may have been reading too many bee forum posts. People have been using regular powdered sugar for ages in the form of queen candy. I use it myself often and have been for about 50 years now. The small amount of cornstarch will do no harm to your bees.