Default diameter of JZBZ queen cage tube

Can anyone tell me the diameter of the JZBZ queen cage tube. I need to drill a hole that will hold one as in a bank

Default Re: diameter of JZBZ queen cage tube

I Im thinking on banking queens my self, I havent found much on the web as to the construction of a bank but have been thinking on using a queen cage like the ones sold by Dadant due to it having a hole for the cand as well as an access. You may call Dadant as they have sevral types of cages?

I thought I could help you out with that without any problems, but unfortunately, I can't seem to find my JZBZ queen cages.

But, what I WAS able to find are my JZBZ queen batteries (orange plastic queen shipping box) along with a JZBZ Storage Bar (for storing caged queens in a bank).

In the battery box, the holes are .500 inches (12.71 mm) in diameter. In the storage bar, they seem to run .480 inches (12.21 mm) in diameter. They both have a depth of .600 inches (15.26 mm). These were both made by JZBZ for use with his queen cages.

Hope that helps!
    DS

Just buy the storage bar. They hold 46 cages that securely snap in and are the proper length to lay in a nursery hive between two frames.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

Found my queen cages!

The tube is slightly tapered. At the opening, it's .480 inch in diameter (12.21mm), and at the end of the tube where it meets the cage body it's right at .500 inch in diameter (12.69mm).

Hope THAT helps!
    DS