Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Hello from Boston Metrowest (MA)

Tags
hens mass nucs
3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  stripstrike 
#1 · (Edited)
New to the field - won't even have my bees until April 30. But I've assembled the hives, gotten most of the super-necessary gear, and taken a bee class. Even went on demos and shook bees and handled active frames. I think I'm hooked. The 20,000 bees from the 2 nucs will join 3 cats and 4 happy hens in my farm-in-the-burbs. Would like to see others' local operations, watch them handle bees, etc., to get the real lowdown on how to do these things. Also would like to know more about local threats, difficulties, diseases, responses to weather, and all that jazz.

#7 ·
There's a Middlesex County club? How did I miss that? Where does it meet? I'm in Ashland.
It usually meets over in Carlisle during the Winter... the last indoor meeting is this Friday (it's a informal Spaghetti Dinner, and a brief talk about catching swarms).

There are a few events coming up soon, so I've posted a copy of the most recent club newsletter here: http://www.antoniopulsone.com/posting/201104 MCBA April Newsletter.pdf

Cheers,
Tony P.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.