Default An OH-Crap moment to try to avoid

I decided to go into a new I hive I bought off a retiring beek. It was very strong to begin with, but I had no idea where things really stood. I was asked to get it out quickly.

Any way, working through the top deep, I find a small cluster of capped swarm cells. So I have my daughter grab me a NUC and I pull it and a full frame of brood, and split it with 3 frames of drawn comb for the new queen. So a disaster avoided, so I finish off the top box, and put it aside.

I start working my way through the bottom box, and find 4 more frames with clusters of swarm cells with capped queens. Well,if any of you have a teenage daughter for an assistant, you simply can't get them to move fast enough. I needed 4 more NUCs. This was an emergency!

So what if she got stung 4 times and two of of the dogs got stung, and my wife was getting stung 200 hundred feet from the hive, that should be incentive to move faster! I wasn't getting stung, that's all that matters at that point.

I ended up pulling 4 NUCs, since I could not find that queen anywhere. Man I had to leave a swarm cell behind. SO, now I have an extra swam trap out, just in case.

Default Re: An OH-Crap moment to try to avoid

I am betting your family doesnt care too much for your bee hobby...

I wish I could of been there to see all the excitement!!! LOLOLOL!!!!

My daughter loves it!! One of the splits is going into her hive, since it did not winter. She can't wait to have her own hive again. Bee's have gotten to expensive for her to afford.

My wife likes it as long as she has no part of being in the hive, she actually has a better income source from the hive products than I do right now. Luckily it ALL goes back to the ladies right now.

Hilarious, thanks for making my day. I thought I was the only one who had those kinda days.

Quote Originally Posted by papamoose View Post
    So what if she got stung 4 times and two of of the dogs got stung, and my wife was getting stung 200 hundred feet from the hive, that should be incentive to move faster! I wasn't getting stung, that's all that matters at that point.
    That's funny. I like the way you think.
    Chuck Norris has a grizzly bear carpet in his room. The bear isn't dead it is just afraid to move.