Default My packages are 2 weeks late and no word from the bee farm...

Hi Guys/Gals,
    I ordered two 4lb packages from McCary Honeybee Farm back in October of last year. Back then I spoke to Chris McCary on the phone and he told me to indicate which week I wanted the packages to arrive. I indicated first week in April 2011. I mailed a check for $220 back in October which was cashed immediately upon arrival.

I've called and left 4 voicemails now at 601-410-5582 spanning from 1 week before the bees were to arrive (just to make sure everything was on schedule) and each week following. No calls have been returned so far. Maybe I've got the wrong number or something. The voicemail is the generic default you get if you never setup your voicemail. I don't know how many BeeSource folks use McCary. I just wanted some Cordovan bees for the fun of it. I'm not holding anything against Chris as I could potentially be the source of the mix-up. Does anyone know what's up with McCary or if I'm using the wrong phone number?

Default Re: My packages are 2 weeks late and no word from the bee farm...

Here is their info that I found. The number is different than what you listed...try the new one. Good luck.

McCary's Honey Bee Farm. (601) 648-2747 G.C. McCary. (601) 410-5582 Chris McCary

McCARY APIARIES
    P.O. Box 87
    Buckatunna, MS. 39322
    Phone: 601-648-2747 (call after 5 p.m.)
    Italian
    Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid. John Wayne

Thanks alpha6. You may have gotten that info from a source that's a number of years old. The 2747 number is actually Chris' grandmother. I've called that number and she answers the phone and politely informs me that that's her husband's old number and he has since passed away and her son/grandson Chris runs the business now. So I've called both numbers. But Chris (5582) never answers his phone. Also, I've called at 3p, 7p, 8p, 9p. No luck so far.

I know I'm probably a tiny order compared to some he probably gets. He may be a little behind or something. That's okay. Or maybe my order got lost somehow. That's okay too; we're all human. But not returning any calls is what's got me a little worried.

Searching old threads I came across this. "Ya'll just have patience with Mr. McCary. He's getting pretty old and not in the best health of his life. He's trying to teach everything to his grandson , who wants to take over, but that can't be done over night. I don't place large orders with him, but he still treats me pretty good."
    http://www.beesource.com/forums/show...bee-farm/page2

I guess his grandson isn't doing the business right. Good luck. wish I could help more.
    Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid. John Wayne

Hmmm, he's got $220 of my money. I sure hope it's just a temporary glitch of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by HiveMind View Post
    Hmmm, he's got $220 of my money. I sure hope it's just a temporary glitch of some sort.
    I'm sure you have been reading up on the problems the weather is causeing bee suppliers most are running 2-3 weeks late.

Bee keeping is a form of farming, the weather controls the whole shebang.

PCM

Weather?...........Forecasting up to 8" of snow tomorrow night......queens coming the day after that.......packages need to be made and it won't be fun. Grrrr
    Leer Family Honey Farm-Shannon Leer

So if you guys were in my shoes you'd just keep patiently waiting? At what point would the delay be excessive?

I would keep calling him! I have dealt with him directly two years ago just needing one queen. He shipped it out same day and was quick and easy. I live about 3 hours north of him and we recently had some really bad weather. Not sure if it affected him or not. Ill look at my contacts this evening to see what number I have. Having ones money and not delivering as promised can be upsetting. Im sure he will make it right.