Default Bees swarmed. Now what? Feed old hive?

I was told to leave the old hive alone for 7-10 days to see if the bees make a new queen. I'm wondering if I should feed them? One thing after another (sickness, rain, wind, work) and I was unable to get into the hives before now. This was my weekend to do it. So I don't even know how much honey might be in there. Thinking I should still open it up and just be careful about queen cells? Or are they already so traumatized due to swarm and enough is enough for now?

I told my dh this feels like rapture. Wonder how they choose who gets to go and who gets to stay.
    Zone 7b ~ Central Arkansas
    8fr medium equipment

Default Re: Bees swarmed. Now what? Feed old hive?

If they swarmed most likely they were out of room for the queen to lay. So no I would not feed.

You might look for an after swarm that will contain a virgin queen. It should be smaller than the recent prime swarm.
    You could go into the hive ,look for a virgin queen, make a divide/nuc including her, if you see capped queen cells leave one or two good ones and close up the hive.
    You can unite the hives later in the season to maintain your numbers.
    Ernie
    My websitehttp://bees4u.com/

Thanks guys. Going in today to see what's left. I have 1 deep and 4 mediums, 8-frame, on this hive. Do I take it down to the deep, or a deep and a medium or what? I know I don't want too much room in there. Also, with only 1 deep (hope to remove it if no brood down there), if capped honey is there, should I pull a frame or two of honey and put in foundation (don't have any drawn comb)?

Thanks again!
    Zone 7b ~ Central Arkansas
    8fr medium equipment

If they swarmed you are probably coming into your nectar flow so you should not have to feed. I have had way too many swarms this year already. But, you will be surprised how fast they will recover.