Default Is my swarm queenless??

I'm looking for a little advise with a swarm I caught 2 weeks ago. This swarm was from one of my hives...it was pretty large...and I actually saw the queen go into the hive when I caught them so I know she was there in the beginning. It's been two weeks since I hived them, and when I went to check them today I found that they had drawn a fair amount of comb (they were working on about 4 and a half frames), were storing nectar and pollen, but I saw no eggs at all and I could not spot a queen. Is it possible that she died? Or is it possible that this was a virgin queen from a subsequent swarm and she hasn't gotten to the laying point yet?

Any advise would be great! Thanks!

Default Re: Is my swarm queenless??

2 weeks without eggs, I would say they are queenless. Add a frame of eggs or very young larvae (1 to 3 days old) to the hive. Re-open after a couple of days and if you see supersedure queen cells - you'll know it was queenless. If not, the existing qeen will be attracted to that frame of eggs and will probably be on it.

Default Re: Is my swarm queenless??

Thanks for the advice. I checked the hive again a few days ago and actually spotted the queen....however....still no eggs being laid. The queen seemed fine to me (not injured or anything). She was also pretty large. So I'm not sure exactly what is going on. I'm going to check again today I think and see if she is laying yet.