Question Small Hive Beetle Lure???

I may have stumbled on to something. Last week I cleaned the burr comb from between the hive bodies and supers, which had drone larvae and pupa in it. I also cleaned the boards under the screened bottom boards that had some pollen and other bits and pieces of debris, putting it all into a 1 gallon bucket. I started to clean the bucket, filling it about half full of water. Then I forgot about it for 4 days. today I when to finish cleaning the bucket and it had about 100 or so DEAD small hive beetles in it. I think I will start using this as a bait or lure to kill those evil small hive beetles. Has anyone else tryed this with similar result
    Last edited by teebo; 04-07-2011 at 05:00 PM. Reason: language

Default Re: Small Hive Beetle Lure???

teebo, haven't tried or heard of it, but whereas I just found a boat load of SHV larvae in a feeder in a new package, I think I will save the goop from my other bottom boards and give it a try. Did you have many dead bees in there as well?

2 or 3 dead bees

Check out my thread on My dealings with SHB". SHB eat pollen, honey, and are attracted to fermenting things,,,,,think you covered them all there.
    Rick