Default Any packages still availabe anywhere??

Does anyone know if there is any package bees or medium nucs available for shipping or pickup in the northest? I know there was a huge demand this spring but maybe there's a "little guy" that isn't well know that might still have some bees available. Any help would be appreciated.

Default Re: Any packages still availabe anywhere??

Try to PM (sqkcrk), Mark B. Maybe he can point you in a direction. Also there's a beek in PA, just below you who has good stock. Can't remember his name, but was booted off this site some time ago. Google PA beeks, you will find him. Great web site and breeder. Maybe someone will chime in.

Or contact a local club or group. They usually know someone.

Russellapairies.com is offering a few med nucs, but quite a drive for you. Med nucs is a untapped market waiting to explode. The issue is most producers just don't have the hardware.

Kind regards
    Stonefly7

Try http://koehnen.com/

I was late ordering this year, but they still had some availabile.

I have been in contact with both of these and they said they would have bees by the end of the April and mid May respectively. I am just starting out myself and almost waited too late I think. I ordered 2 3# pkgs from NABHC. Sacrificed about 2 weeks because the per pkg cost was less and they are closer so the shipping cost was also better. Hope I didn't make a mistake.

Information was current as of yesterday 4/6/2011

Good luck.

Virginia
    Rock Hill Honey Bee Farms
    http://www.rockhillhoneybeefarms-inc...kage-bees.html

Florida
    North American Bee Hive Company
    http://www.nabeehive.com/

Sounds like a good, reasonable plan. My vanity just entered into the equation because I wanted Cordovan colored Italians to match my hive.

*just kidding about matching the hive, but I did want the lighter Cordovan to see if a lighter color could help my horrible queen-spotting abilities.

It sounds like most of the package suppliers are having a hard time meeting ship dates. If you can't find anything check craigslist. There are several ads listed in my area
    Charla Hinkle