Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Busy Bees Apiaries

Hmmm...imagine that, another delay after the 10 day delay expires. Buys more time. I have sent several emails concerning a refund, no answer.

im still trying to get them to respond to cancellation of packages, you would think if he cant deliver the merchandise he would try to keep customer service up and running, didnt take him long to answer when i ordered and it didnt take him long to cash the check.

Quote Originally Posted by twd8711 View Post
    im still trying to get them to respond to cancellation of packages, you would think if he cant deliver the merchandise he would try to keep customer service up and running, didnt take him long to answer when i ordered and it didnt take him long to cash the check.
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
    Hmmm...imagine that, another delay after the 10 day delay expires. Buys more time. I have sent several emails concerning a refund, no answer.

I've found that Busy bees won't respond to emails(they haven't responded to the multiple emails I've sent since Apr. 2),you're wasting your time trying.I just kept calling the main number(pretty sure it's Rory's cell ph.)early in the mornings and late in the afternoon,eventually they will answer,I did talk to them 3 times last week regarding my refund.
    Last edited by Hivey; 04-17-2011 at 06:54 PM.

Called this one: http://www.beesource.com/forums/show...297#post598297

When you scroll down on the link above you will see that his experience lies in the trucking industry. I have seen this happen a few times. They see these huge checks passing hands when they deliver bees and want to hop on for the ride. My personal experience with him was when I went to try to order some boxes that he had advertised on the forum. After 3 emails and just before I was going to send the money, he backed out and said that he could not fulfill the order. He took the ad down a day later. I originally was interested because his prices seemed very low (red flag) and that he was located fairly close to me in Epps, Louisiana, which is where he states where he is located on the forum. It looks like he is actually based in Pennsylvania, with the bees coming from Georgia, and maybe just has some hives in Louisiana. I do not think (hope not anyway) that he is trying to defraud anyone, but that he is just inexperienced and bit off way more than he can chew. Having a background in logistics, when I first looked at his trucking schedule it seemed insane -- or at the very least overly ambitious. Weather is only one variable here. Good luck to those getting their bees in May!
    Last edited by mythomane; 04-18-2011 at 08:21 AM.

ok just got home from work and checked my bank account and do not see a refund from Busy Bees Apiaries.What a shock guess I'll just have to call them(again the 4th time via phone call)and ask why they haven't refunded my money back to my account.When I talked to Rory on Thurs.(April 14th)he said I would be getting my refund as soon as his system(he said was slow but I wasn't thinking "pony express)was a little slow refunding orders.I feel now I've been lied to again by Busy Bees Apiaries.

This just in from Busy Bee:

All customers awaiting delivery of package bees may now get a shipping update at www.busybeesapiaries.net. Shipments are now about to resume and will be limited at first but will recover in May, per the latest information from our supplier. As new updates are communicated to us we will make a new posting on our homepage. When we know that a shipment will be available to any given customer we will then be in contact with you to see if you can receive your package! s at the appointed time.

Thank you,

Rory Boleware

And from their site:
    Current shipping dates from Georgia for package bees will be April and May. At this time shipping will resume in small quantities on or about April 23rd then again on or about May 1st. These dates are set by our supplier who is in full control of our current supply. We are told that by mid May shipping numbers should be back to normal. If this is the case at that time we may be able to fill all current orders and soon will be able to fill new orders after delayed orders have been filled.

As soon as we know your specific shipping date we will be in contact with you. It will be pointless to contact us for any more information about package bee orders at this point as this is all the information that we have for now from our suppler. We would appreciate it if everyone would remember that we are running a family business. Please allow us to get other productive work done while we are waiting for shipping to resume by refraining from contacting us for information that we are just not able to provide. Rest assured that we want to get your package bees to you ASAP.

The time has come to be patient and grateful for any amount of bees that you will receive. Many people seem to be only interested in catching a spring flow. I view this as a serious mistake as more people are needed to focus on helping to simply keep bees alive and build local stock for stronger bees in the future.

Many people who are interested in provident living are part of the reason for the supply issue. There is about 100,000 new beekeepers coming on board this year. I have talked to many of them who understand they have a rocky future ahead and honey bees are a part of their security that they desire for their families. It would be prudent for all to spend some of the time during this shipping delay to look at other areas other than bees for things they need and need to do and allow us to do the same.

On a side note I am smiling big-time with all of the new people signing up for a few stings as this will further spread the bees around the country. I believe this to be a big plus for the bee stock for their safety. Lets face it we need bees for pollination but we need to shield our bees from some of the crops they otherwise would be foraging. This will be the natural insulation process with some new beekeepers. We should take note of the areas where bees are found to have a higher degree of survivability.

Based on the current information from our supplier we feel it is safe to go full forward with new orders with undated shipments in May at this point and time. If this changes a refund can be credited but to secure a order you must make a purchase. So order here and elsewhere that you may be able to secure package bees.
    (I bolded the font)
    Last edited by dmpower; 04-18-2011 at 03:41 PM. Reason: added information

Quote Originally Posted by winevines View Post
    If you don't already do it, maybe you could consider learning how to make summer nucs that you overwinter and use those as your new hives the following Spring (with locally adaptable queens) as another lesson instead of only relying on packages?[/url]
    This comment is right on. As this thread is dedicated to those having trouble with Busy Bee Apiaries, the idea of making summer nucs needs to be brought up and discussed elsewhere. I would love to hear what your bee club is doing in this regard.

But let's take it to another forum.

Grant
    Jackson, MO
    Beekeeping With Twenty-five Hives: https://www.createspace.com/4152725

Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    This comment is right on. As this thread is dedicated to those having trouble with Busy Bee Apiaries, the idea of making summer nucs needs to be brought up and discussed elsewhere. I would love to hear what your bee club is doing in this regard.

But let's take it to another forum.

Grant
    Jackson, MO

Sorry to disagree ,but I fail to see where this applies to those of us the"new bee keepers" that it does us any good at all if we don't "have" bees to do summer nucs,and were depending solely on Busy Bees to deliver our bees"ontime" so that we might have a chance to make summer nucs.

What a rip off. Who needs packages Two Months Late.
    And almost no way to get your money back. I could have gotten packages local for a little more money.
    Oh Well. One learns.

Quote Originally Posted by Hivey View Post
    Sorry to disagree ,but I fail to see where this applies to those of us the"new bee keepers" that it does us any good at all if we don't "have" bees to do summer nucs,and were depending solely on Busy Bees to deliver our bees"ontime" so that we might have a chance to make summer nucs.
    Once burned, twice shy. The "customer service" you received ought to be the lesson learned for taking your beginner status to the next level of sustainable apiculture. You don't want to be in this position next year as you make plans to expand or replace your winter dead-outs. You shouldn't gamble on your beekeeping future with these kind of variables.

Grant
    Jackson, MO
    Beekeeping With Twenty-five Hives: https://www.createspace.com/4152725

Kelly bees are out of bees for over a week .I ordered 18# a couple weeks ago with a May 14th shipping date . When i saw they ran out i called..my order is good .

this business and the owner should be shunned out of the bee business, to be treated like this is plain wrong, report him to the bbb it doesnt do alot but its not good, if i dont soon get a response he will be speaking to an attorney,even though i know an attorney is more than the 500 he owes me it is the principle, what about the new beekeepers and others who dont have the money to reorder until there money is returned.
    i ordered from another guy who is having trouble and emailed him to cancel because i found another source and he refunded my money in days, next year if i ever do packages again he will be the first one i call. (excellent business practices)
    one bad apple

Thumbs down Re: Busy Bees Apiaries

Anyway for my final update of my experience(I can think of a few better suited choice words than experience)with Busy Bee Apiaries,I just checked my bank account and Busy Bees finally refunded my money.But not after multiple emails(total waste of time)and phone calls since April 2nd,17 days I had to waste my time dealing with Busy Bees and all I wanted was a refund.
    After seeing that they have only been beekeeping for three years(per his profile here) tells me the whole story.I wonder if their lack of experience played a big role in all the dissatisfied,frustrated customers like myself,by not communicating with them and only sending out shotgun automated emails to "all" their customers only leaving all of us involved to wonder.
    As the old saying goes "Fool me once shame on you Fool me twice shame on me.Well the latter won't happen,because in no way will I ever deal with Busy Bees Apiaries again.

Good luck to the rest of you that are still waiting for both bees and refunds
    Last edited by dragonfly; 04-19-2011 at 04:40 PM.

Hivey, per your profile I see this is your first year beeking. Thats fine. Im not sure understand that bees is farming and that you never know whats going to happen and everything revolve around weather. Does the customer service have issues? Yes. But Im sure you are one of hundreds that have been making rorys phone explode, wondering were the bees are. Don't blame busy bee's for really bad weather.

Also, I think pyro was attempting to help others find a source of bees this late in the game not being off topic.
    Chris Cree
    Cree's Bees

I know they are at least reading their email. I sent one telling them they mispelled the Douglas, Georgia they had Gouglas. Today its spelled correctly! I am still hoping for my bee's giving them the benefit of doubt.

BeeCurious
    Trying to think inside the box...

Yeah it looks like it, with Tanya as his VP
    There is a guy in SC that has been going by Busy Bee Apiaries for quite some time, boy is he in for a surprise! Should he be warned lol Seems the NC Busy Bee had some good press: http://www.beesource.com/forums/show...Apiaries-in-NC!

I called Rory about a refund on 4/11 and was told i'd have it back in my account by the end of the day. When friday 4/15 rolled around and i still hadn't seen it I filed a dispute with my credit union. Logged in to check this morning and my $800 is now sitting safely back in my account.

Good luck to the rest of you guys. Luckily I found some nucs locally for $85 and picked them up on Monday.

resolved
    Last edited by twd8711; 04-20-2011 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by twd8711 View Post
    i ordered from another guy who is having trouble and emailed him to cancel because i found another source and he refunded my money in days, next year if i ever do packages again he will be the first one i call. (excellent business practices)
    Thanks Tim!

This package season has been a complete mess, however some suppliers seem to be making their orders in a timely fashion however they certainly are not the big boys. I was stressing out about my supplier being late, but heck what can you do?

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast