Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Default Re: Busy Bees Apiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrotechnician View Post
    Received my refund today and picked up my packages from J & J, I am a happy camper!!
    I'm not happy,no replies on emails or phone messages(countless),these people have just stonewalled me from the start.I been requesting a refund for a week now and have only gotten the so-called automated emails with more excuses.
    I've now had to file a dispute/fraud claim to my credit union to stop payment on my credit card I used.
    Busy Bees won't get a dime of my money if I can help it.
    Last edited by Hivey; 04-10-2011 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmgi View Post
    dmpower, are we still talking about Busy Bee Apiaries package orders when you refer to this email? John
    Yes

Well it's now day 9 since I've requested a refund for package bees from Busy Bees,and have left countless messages on their phone as well as emails and they haven't tried to make contact even once.
    Talk about kicking your customers to the curb,these people are pros at it.
    Hopefully my credit union will retrieve my money for me.s

Let me know if you get the refund. I requested my refund this morning for my bees and some misc supplies I needed that I ordered back in March. I am going to give it a few days before filing a complaint with my bank to get the money back. I will let you know if I get the refund in the next couple of days. Hope it works out.
    Last edited by Barry; 04-11-2011 at 05:21 PM. Reason: excessive quoting

Will do vollypc,sorry to hear they got you as well.

IMHO Busy Bees Apiaries are a DISGRACE TO THE INDUSTRY

There's no telling how many unfortunate others out have been trapped in their snare.

My bee's aren't even late yet and I've received 3 communications from them giving me status updates. I do expect they'll arrive later than I had hoped, but not too late to be of use to me. We've barely seen any sign of spring here at all.

I'm happy to wait to make sure I'll get a good product instead of bee's thrown together just to meet a deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by No-sage View Post
    My bee's aren't even late yet and I've received 3 communications from them giving me status updates. I do expect they'll arrive later than I had hoped, but not too late to be of use to me. We've barely seen any sign of spring here at all.

I'm happy to wait to make sure I'll get a good product instead of bee's thrown together just to meet a deadline.
    At least they have one happy customer!!!

Hey guys- I love the passion, but let's try to keep the thread on-topic and include more experiences with the business addressed, and less small-talk/chatter/insults. Thanks!
    So many weeds.......so little time.

I'm trying to stay positive about this. I ordered a two three pound packages to be "delivered" on 4-5-2011. They did not come I have call 5 or 6 six time. Also I have sent about 12 emails. With no response! Has anyone gotten any of your orders and if you did how late were they.

If you read the entire thread some people have gotten their bees.
    Last edited by honeyman46408; 04-12-2011 at 01:48 PM.
    Chris Cree
    Cree's Bees

I'm pretty sure those who got theirs, were for scheduled dates before the 24(ish?). And maybe some a few after that who ordered for mail delivery. Those of us who didn't get them yet are ones that are to be picked up at a certain destination on a certain date from a truck load

We should get a new date around the 18th to pick up our packages via truck.

Big Grin Re: Busy Bees Apiaries

Update on my dealings with Busy Bees Apiaries.

Finally got to speak to a "live" person today,Rory Answered(after 10 days of leaving email and phone messages) and after a short heated discussion he said he would refund my money.This was around 9am today,and I've yet to see the charge credited back to my account.He assured me I would get the refund,but as they say "only time will tell"waiting:

Has anyone gotten any update or further info since we got the 10 day shutdown email. That was the last info I received. I'm getting my bees mailed to me so I'm not sure if there going to mail orders before the truck shipments or the other way around. Any updates would be great.

Thumbs down Re: Busy Bees Apiaries

Update regarding my dealings with Busy Bees Apiaries....
    Just checked my bank account today(Thurs. 4/14) and still(no surprise at all)do not see where Busy Bees has credited my refund back to my account,despite contacting(he accually answered the phone again)Rory at Busy Bees yesterday evening(Wed. 4/13)asking why he didn't refund my money.He preceded to tell he had been too busy and hadn't had time to do it and promised to take care of it as soon as he got back to his office yesterday.
    I can't help but to wonder if this company has failed and is going out of business and taking my refund down the drain with it.It's showing all the warning signs,not returning customers phone calls and emails,breaking promises and still taking orders(not just bees beekeeping supplies as well) but not delivering product.
    I hope my credit union has better luck than I do recovering my money,because as it stands right now I don't believe I'm going to ever see a refund from Busy Bees Apiaries.

I don't think he's going out of business, like most of us he has to work also. I also have bees ordered from him and I am still waiting just like the rest. I have noticed that most of the complants are from new beekeepers. Welcome to the world of beekeeping, Where the weather play the largest part on bees which will be one of the things you will soon be learning.
    If you all have a full proof plan on how to get bees to start building up in bad weather/ to cold, rain or what ever else nature throws at you. Please let the rest of us in on it because I would like to pull some honey next week.

I dont think so Birdman...it has been over a week since Rory cashed my check, and two weeks since Tanya from Busy Bees took my order and twice said the April 5th shipment by mail was on time. Yes, I called twice to confirm that the dates on the website were correct, and there were no delays mentioned, or listed. Tanya told me this even after they had been having delays of up to two weeks. So what do you make of that?

And sure enough, right after my check was cashed, the new delay went up on the website. There was/is no reason for my check to be cashed.

Explain how the weather is involved in my situation.
    Last edited by NorthernIllinoisPlumber; 04-14-2011 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hivey View Post
    I can't help but to wonder if this company has failed and is going out of business and taking my refund down the drain with it.It's showing all the warning signs,not returning customers phone calls and emails,breaking promises and still taking orders(not just bees beekeeping supplies as well) but not delivering product.
    You bring up some good points. But bad things do happen to good people. They should get on here and explain whats really going on.

They can save the business and be better prepared for next year.

Just an update on my dealings with busy bee. First, not only did I have bees ordered but I had some supplies that I ordered on March 21rst paying a premium for priority mail and still had not received it as of April 12th. The bees I ordered were supposed to ship in March as well. I contacted my bank on the 12 let them know what had happened, shared the dates, the emails I sent, and the emails that were sent to me. The funds were issued back into my account on Wednesday. I have ordered a few supplies I needed through another company on Tuesday and per UPS tracking they are being delivered today. I also ordered my bees through someone else and will pick them up on either the 22nd or 25th.

What I learned from this - If you contact someone looking for bees and they say they do not know what they are going to have until March and for you to give them a call back then you should save their contact and that is who you should be dealing with (I saved two contacts that gave me similiar comments). If you contact someone and they ask which date you want your packages shipped you should be wary. I have learned not to use paypal to order bee packages since it will usually be paid more than 45 days before you could file a claim and I think they have issues with ordering "live" purchases as well. And lastly, I have learned to do a little research before I buy from a company I am not familar with. This last one is the one I am really kicking myself over. It doesn't matter if I am buying trees, seeds, etc I have always done my research before purchasing and then when I ordered bees I just seemed to forget everything I have learned over the years.

Lastly, if I felt there was a legitmate excuse such as bad weather, cold temps, rain etc I would be willing to accept that. I live in MS and the beekeepers that I have talked to here are having one the best years ever (in regards to weather and early honey flow). I just can't buy that excuse.. expecially when a fair amount of my order was merchandise and should have no regards to the weather (ordered at a different times than bees so shipping was paid seperate and was not shared). I gave them plenty of time to contact me if the items were on backorder or they were having problems with inventory etc. I hope they do find a way to fill everyones orders, learn from their mistakes and do well in the business. I have no ill feeling towards them. I am just glad it is over and I was able to move on. Good luck everyone.

Thumbs down Re: Busy Bees Apiaries

Haven't updated in 2 days and still have yet to see my refund credited back to my account from Busy Bees Ap.,despite speaking with Rory,who on the last conversation said he canceled my order.And on Wed.(Apr.13) and Thurs.(14th) I received 2 emails one from Tanya and one from Rory both stating that my order had been cancelled,but I've yet to see it on my bank records.Sometimes I've seen where it takes up to 3 days to post,most times I see a pending transaction very quickly,but as of date I've not seen one from Busy Bees Ap.
    I'll wait until Mon.(4/18) I'll be fair and give them that much berth,and check again to see if it's posted,if not I'll just before I call again and ask(again) why they're not keeping their word(again).
    I would like to add one further thing that Ive seen what most here complain about Busy Bees Ap. is not returning emails and phone messages,unless of course you count the "maybe this will keep them quiet"automated emails.I feel it shows them grossly understaffed and completely unprepared to handle the volume of sales they took orders for.

Finally got an email from Busy Bees yesterday saying that package bee shipments may resume this coming week, they were feeding the bees and letting them build up bee populations before shaking any more packages. BB said they will let me know when they receive the new shipping dates. John

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast