Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Default Re: Busy Bees Apiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Southridge View Post
    Good for you!

After several communications with paypal, now it is telling me that it will not be responsible for any transaction of any live things. . Why then did it allow such transactions to happen in the first place?! Consumers need to protect themselves and each other. Paypal is not always a pal.
    Well, If I dont get my money back then he will still owes me 2 packages and I can live with 2 more hives!

I forgot to report that one of my packages received did not even have any holes in the sugar can that was supposed to be feeding the bees during shipping.

timbo, I am not sure where you got your information from. As soon as I saw your posting I contacted Gardners and was told they are open, but they filled one order only because he was already enroute and they could not tell him to turn around. I was told that they were not shaking bees because of the temperatures and the bees were not producing what they should. When I inquired about a potential forecast when they would start shaking bees again, they told me I would have talk to Mike Gardner.

Nevermind... Though possibly a mistake I'm going to refrain from posting or commenting any further until I hear something from Rory.
    Last edited by Stephen; 04-07-2011 at 01:37 PM.

All I can say is WOW! Relax guys it is only the first of April. I have only been keeping bees a short time myself but, I always thought it was an unwritten rule to not expect your package of bees on these early ship dates. You guys stopping payment may end up with no bees. I'm sure all of you will get your bees but, it is going to take some time. I have no relationship with any of these dealers or sellers. But, have been reading and watching the bee bus. for a while. It is no seceret that there is a shortage of package bees every spring. And I'm sure that some of the big boys do get their bees ahead of the smaller orders. But, thats just the way it is. I live in the South and could not get my package before May last year. Gardners have been around a while and I'm sure they will get you your bees, just be patient.

I agree with johng. The weather every where is bad for bees this year. I wanted to start putting supers on for honey by now. I did super one hive but they over wintered in three deeps. They will come it's hard to shake bees when there are none to shake.

Thumbs Up Re: Busy Bees Apiaries

rrascal: Beekeeping is what I do for a living. I've had a standing order with my supplier for the past 15 years. Why wouldn't I get mine before you. It dealer like me that has kept the suppliers going over the years. Hobbies come and go, and it the dealers that keep taking care of the suppliers, vs the supplies take care of the dealers.
    I would say the delay really sucks, but the weather in the north is just as cold.

No the big guy don't alway win out. Last year I was backup because the bees wasn't ready and smaller orders was filled before me. 10 days late getting bees and honey flow came in early and we still produced 81 ton. Things almost always work out for the best! Life is short don't sweat the little things.

I ordered for march 29 th and the only info i can get is on here from u guys. I am not happy with their communication on this.

There is a delay in getting our bees which come from California. Weather prevented mating. Feeling your pain but at least they gave notice.
    Try living life with the attitude it's not about what you want to do but what you should do!

I was at Gardners today. For all those that think the big boys are standing in line loading bees forget it. It is like a ghost town all the workers are out feeding the bees. No bees shipped out of there. They are not shaking for another week if all goes well. They can shake over 1000 packages a day. They ship about 50,000 packages a year and over 200,000 queens. That says alot in itself. The Farm Bureau reported over 100,000 new backyard beekeepers last year and that number is going to be more this year. Figure how many of the new beeks lost there bees and now ordered replacment packages this year. Not to mention Michigan is reporting over 55% winter losses. There is a system overload!

They are still shipping queens while waiting for the bees to recover.

If you want to order a package today you will have to arrange pickup after April. They are not shipping new package orders by mail anymore this year.

As for the greed and criminal statements. I don't think any supplier is going to keep money if they don't provide a product. The deposit and payment process is setup to protect the supply chain. I know small suppliers that don't get deposits only to have people cancel there orders.

Gardners packages are the lowest published price. This is a simple supply and demand problem. Suppliers made one big mistake and should have charged more money to reduce the demand. The oil companies do it everyday.

50,000 packages at $59 = $2.9m
    36,000~ packages at $82 = $2.9m this would allow two extra weeks for weather. Your retail price through a dealer would be $100-$120/package.

Would you be happier with a more accurate deliver date or lower price? I know nuc suppliers that have plenty of stock do to the higher price they charge.

My recommendation is to work with your dealer. All of the suppiers are maxed out. This is peek season.

I have two nucs ordered from Busy Bees and have been reassured that the delays do not effect them. They are still on schedule for an early May delivery.
    Last edited by Risky Beesness; 04-08-2011 at 07:52 AM.

Florida Beekeeper. To be perfectly honest with you I would rather pay a little more and get a more accurate delivery time. As stated by many so far all the people waiting aren't backyard beeks. I am worried about pollinating my crops on my farm and others the same or have pollination contracts to fill this spring.

I don't know, but I think suppliers should take into consideration that bad weather, pests, and other falacies can all occur. Put a lower limit on how many total packages you can sell to distributors until you find out how many packages you have. If you end up with way more than you sold, then sell the rest of them.

Never count your chickens before they hatch.

With prices like these, you'll sell your surplus fast.

Default Re: March & April Package Bee Sale

I am a bit nervous. Can anyone vouch for this company? I searched online for a beesuit and ended up buying from them. I tried to make sure the hood was included and thought it was but now I see it say hood not included (I really am not sure that wasn't added after I ordered.. plus the hood is included in a couple of the photos). I got the suit without the hood so I ordered a hood and paid $25 priority mail on March 21rst yet I still have not received it. I was supposed to receive my bees in late March and the first email I received said they would be late due to employee error, then I got another email saying late because of unsual conditions and something about a 39 degree nights, etc. Did this company overpromise and under deliver? Anyone have any luck with them? Unless I get some positive reviews in the next couple of days I am going to get my money back and look elsewhere of just do without bees this year. I hate poor customer service and excuses. Just do what you say you are going to do.

I got their first shipment about three weeks ago. The bees were in fantastic shape and are doing well. I got them right on time. I met Rory and is wife when I picked up the packages and they were great folks. The weather is bad and let's face it, we are in the agriculture business and weather affects us. Let's all be patient!

Quote Originally Posted by GageFamilyBeekeeping View Post
    I got their first shipment about three weeks ago. The bees were in fantastic shape and are doing well. I got them right on time. I met Rory and is wife when I picked up the packages and they were great folks. The weather is bad and let's face it, we are in the agriculture business and weather affects us. Let's all be patient!
    You received them 3 weeks ago? When were you originally scheduled to receive them? Mine were supposed to ship three weeks ago is why I ask.

I got mine, 36 packages, right on time, the exact date they originally planned

A new email just in . . .

To all Customers Awaiting Orders,

We are sending out another general email to everyone because we are still getting bombarded by phone and email and we cannot respond to all individually. The facts of the matter are the supply of the bees is low right now. We were told as of April 7 there would be no more shipments for 10 more days. This is to allow build up of the bees to a safe level for shaking. We have not been given a date when we, as a distributor, will have bees to distribute. We hope it will be the week of April 18th. As soon as we get the new schedule we will begin scheduling shipments to each of our customers. We and the supplier are more concerned about the quality of your packages than when you’ll get them. The ! idea is that they will survive and thrive for you.

To reiterate: We have no more information than this. We still have people asking for a date. We don’t have a date until the supplier gives us one. Presently stock hives are being fed. We have warmer weather now and anticipate healthy bees after this period of recoup. Please understand the situation we are dealing with is that suppliers have overextended themselves in trying to meet the great demands for bees and the weather has worked against them and they have not been able to produce their maximum. However do not get mad at them- if it weren’t for the big commercial producers of bees the vast majority of us would have no source for bees at all. Our supplier is not unique in this predicament, r! ather is typical of many suppliers across the country.

dmpower, are we still talking about Busy Bee Apiaries package orders when you refer to this email? John

Received my refund today and picked up my packages from J & J, I am a happy camper!!

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast