Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Default Busy Bees Apiaries

I wanted to continue a thread about the delays those of us who ordered packages from this supplier are experiencing. Originally it existed in the for sale section but had gone off topic and it was suggested that the conversation be moved here.
    Please post any information you know or receive about this.

Default Re: Busy Bees Apiaries Package Delay

This is the first e-mail from Busy Bees Apiaries announcing the delay sent on Wednesday, March 23, 2011 11:34 AM

Due to queen shortages resulting from employee errors all shipment are on a
    1 week delay effective immediately- so starting with today's shipment of
    Mar. 24. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes. If you have any
    questions please call 814-715-2297.

Thank you,

Tanya Boleware
    Busy Bees Apiaries

This is the second e-mail I received on Thu 3/31/11 10:57 AM

Hello,

This is Tanya and Rory with Busy Bees Apiaries. We are contacting you to inform you there will be another delay in the package delivery due to adverse weather conditions in Georgia as it has been storming for several days now and is continuing today. Bees are not shaken in the rain. We are sorry but we have no control over the weather. We try to keep our delivery schedule on time throughout the season. However, keep in mind that this is greatly dependant on the weather. We see and have been traveling in the North where they are having snow and freezing temperatures, so this may work out to your benefit.

Friday the weather is forecasted to be clearing up. However there will be many distributors waiting to get their bees and they wont be available in the quantities that they desired, including us. So we will have to wait until we get a full truckload before we make any deliveries. This may take a few days.

We thank you for your patience. Please check our home page on our website where we will be posting the latest information on package bee shipments.

Sincerely,

Tanya & Rory Boleware

www.busybeesapiaries.net

814-715-2297

This is the third e-mail received on Mon 4/04/11 8:13 AM

We are experiencing problems with our supplier of package bees. All our dates that we had reserved have been changed to later dates of which have not been confirmed. We are working on this problem and hope to have a equitable solution as soon as possible. Due to this we may not be able to give much notice of when your package bees will ship as we will be trying to get as many orders out in whatever manner we can.

We appreciate your patience as we work with our supplier.

Sincerely,

Rory Boleware

Busy Bees Apiaries

Here's the 3 I got. Originally scheduled for March 29th delivery. Never got the one about the weather being bad.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

03/24/2011 8:37 a.m. est
    Due to queen shortages resulting from employee errors all shipment are on a 1 week delay effective immediately- so starting with today's shipment of Mar. 24. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes. If you have any questions please call 814-715-2297.

Thank you,
    Tanya Boleware

03/24/2011 6:22 p.m. est
    Forgive me if this is a repeat, but I learned that the system did not email to everyone this morning and I'm sending this again. This time hopefully to everyone---

We are sorry but all package bee shipments are on a 1 week delay effective immediately- starting with today's shipment (Mar. 24) There is a queen shortage due to employee errors. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any questions feel free to call me.

Tanya Boleware
    Busy Bees Apiaries
    814-715-2297

04/04/2011 8:07 a.m. est (received days after getting a phone call from Tonya discussing where to meet for pickup on 04/06/2011)
    We are experiencing problems with our supplier of package bees. All our dates that we had reserved have been changed to later dates of which have not been confirmed. We are working on this problem and hope to have a equitable solution as soon as possible. Due to this we may not be able to give much notice of when your package bees will ship as we will be trying to get as many orders out in whatever manner we can.

We appreciate your patience as we work with our supplier.

Sincerely,
    Rory Boleware
    Busy Bees Apiaries

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The delay sucks for sure, but I'd be happy to forget about it if I could get the bees that were ordered in the next week or two. It bugs me though to watch the fruit trees bloom and the bees miss out. I can totally understand if there's a delay, but being a business owner I'd give my customers a bit more explanation and a definite time frame. I'm sure there's circumstance we don't know about but we're just kinda left hanging at this point and I'm afraid with bees so hard to find this late if Rory and Tonya don't come through this will not be my first spring with bees.

I picked up two packages from them on 3/19 and installed the on 3/20, they are doing very well. It appears they are making an effort to keep their customers informed by sending the email updates. The weather is going nuts everywhere. It snowed here on 4/1, then it was 71 and clear yesterday, and now its 33 out today.

JeffG

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post

The delay sucks for sure, but I'd be happy to forget about it if I could get the bees that were ordered in the next week or two. It bugs me though to watch the fruit trees bloom and the bees miss out. I can totally understand if there's a delay, but being a business owner I'd give my customers a bit more explanation and a definite time frame. I'm sure there's circumstance we don't know about but we're just kinda left hanging at this point and I'm afraid with bees so hard to find this late if Rory and Tonya don't come through this will not be my first spring with bees.
    Same here, I would forget ANY and ALL hard feelings and give them another shot in the future at my business if I get my bees asap or at least some better communications from Busy Bees Apiaries. I too have missed out on the fruit trees polinations. I ordered from this company specificially cause they said they could deliver on March 24th.

yes this is disappointing, there are reasons for ordering early and if they soon dont pull thru those reasons will be lost. and where do we stand are they filling orders from 2 weeks ago first or are they trying to keep up with up to date orders and we fill in as they can. oh well this is the nature of the beast, lesson learned

Re: Busy Bees Apiaries Package Delay

I've never transported from BBA, but all the package suppliers in the south are in delay mode.
    Been buying and transporting package bees for over 17 years now. Over the last 4 years the delays have been getting worse. Just seeing what the suppiers have to do to supplier the demand many are even lucky if they get bees let aloan delayed shippments. With the cold weather in the south I would bet there is going to be a lot of short load being shipped, meaning not all are going to get bees this year. I know of one supplier that over booked 1000+ packages just hoping for the best. If the weather don't get better some will start seeing check coming back instead of bees.

I also have a order i with Busy Bee thats now been delayed twice. I spoke with Rory yesterday on the phone and he told me he was going to GA yesterday afternoon to speak with the supplier in person because even he was getting the run around on the phone. I do understand that shaking bees can't be done in the rain. And Tanya and Rory have been doing a great job keeping in touch with all the unhappy customers about the delays. But i think this problem falls totally on the shoulders of the suppliers that have been becoming more and more greedy lately. I understand that in a business your in it to make money but you also should be in it to keep your customers happy. And over booking orders HOPING that you have enough is a bad business practice in my opinion. Hopefully Rory will give me a shoat tomorrow and we know where we're going from here.

Please lets keep this on topic to the ones who have delays!

All thes extra comments will lead to a locked thread, or deletions.

Speaking of the supplier. In my phone conversation with Rory, before I ordered, he stated that these packages were coming from Gardner's.
    I understand that we are at the mercy of the weather. But when the weather in Baxley, GA has been warm and clear for the last four or five days and is forecasted to be warm and clear for the next ten days, then using the rainy weather as a reason for the delay is sounding more like an excuse and not the real reason.
    It is becoming clear, through this conversation, that this has nothing to do with Busy Bees Apiaries. It seems that they are giving us as much information as they have.

I have seen two other individuals selling packages from Gardners reporting delays to their customers.

Tony Rimkus at
    http://rimkust.web.officelive.com/default.aspx

and Jerry Mattiaccio, who posted an update to his for sale thread here on beesource, copied below.
    http://www.beesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246728

All,

To those beekeepers who have ordered package bees, we apologize but are now experiencing a delay from Gardners. We were supposed to get our shipment this week. We have received one shipment, which has been distributed. A seperate email will be sent to everyone who has purchased packages.

This will not affect our Nuc sales.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but was informed by Ginny at Gardners this morning that bad weather combined with a large scale theft at one of thier beeyards has caused delays. I should have an update within 72 hours. I will post it here and I will forward emails to everyone who is owed packages.

Please know that customer service is paramount to us at Rock Hill and it pains us to have communicate this situation to you. We are working to resolve the situation and provide you with a quality product. The initial shipment of bees provided to us has been well received by our customers. I expect the second shipment, which has already been delayed one week, will have the same high quality stock as the first. There is no word on a delay for the third shipment as of yet. We will keep you posted. Thank you.

Jerry Mattiaccio

Quote Originally Posted by timbo501 View Post
    I also have a order i with Busy Bee thats now been delayed twice. ... But i think this problem falls totally on the shoulders of the suppliers that have been becoming more and more greedy lately.
    mmm I just love those greedy suppliers! Let's see, hurricanes, tornadoes, rising fuel prices, crazy spring weather, mistake by employee, theft, certainly all those things and more make life extremely easy for greedy suppliers. Sad that one wants to help his customers that he overbooks, thinking he'll be able to produce enough queens or packages... wonder how many of us have never been guilty of miscalculations? Misjudgments? Our hopes exceed our abilities?

We tend to forget beekeeping is farming, with all the implications thereof. Are there greedy farmers? yep. and greed in beekeeping, but to tar them all with such a broad brush is irresponsible. I learned from my mistakes, and planned last summer for this spring. My plans are working out, except for 5 of my colonies - two now queenless. So I scramble to find what I need, but don't blame the supplier. Just a simple fact of nature. In fact, the weather was apparently good in south Texas, and my supplier is ahead of schedule...going to start a thread about that now.
    Regards,
    Steven
    "If all you have is a hammer, the whole world is a nail." - A.H. Maslow

Default Re: Busy Bees Apiaries

I just got this one!

Dear Customers,

Ship Dates:

Current shipping dates from Georgia for package bees will be April and May. Our supplier has imposed a 10 day shutdown of package bee shipments to allow his supply to recover. At this time there is at least a 10 day delay on all shipments due to the abnormal weather conditions in Georgia. This delay is necessary to provide quality packages to our customers. As shipments resume each customer will be contacted to discuss delivery on each order.

Delay Explanations:

The delays weve had so far from our supplier were farther reaching than was realized at the time. The first delay experience was a 7 day delay caused by a shortage of queens for package bees. Next there was 3 days of local rain in southeast Georgia along with sustained cooler nighttime temperatures which has caused our supplier and others to delay package shaking to allow time for the bees to build up. But before the rain the quantities of bees was not as high as they should have been for normal shaking thus compounding the problem.

All across the country many people have experienced adverse temperatures and extended cold snaps this past winter and spring. This even holds true in Georgia. The results of this are that the queens shut down production of brood when it falls below certain temperatures.

We are down here in Georgia now as there has been confusion about what was going on. Now that we are here we see the shortage of bees across the board as all distributors are being delayed as we are and hear talk of other suppliers dealing with the same issues. For example it was 39 degrees here last night. The bees are currently being stimulated with nutritious feeding and warmer weather is forecasted.

We appreciate your concerns and feel for your disappointment in not having your bees yet. However we must remind you that you are participating in a form of agriculture whose outcomes are highly subject to many variables which can be very rewarding as well as frustrating for all involved.

This is still pretty confusing. 10 days. So that means we have to wait another week and a half till we find out what and when we might receive our bees.

Default Re: Busy Bees Apiaries and Gardner

Hope you all can read the chart below. If not then just look up the weather history of Baxley Ga. on the internet.
    Make your own judgements of the stories told to all about the weather.

Further facts stated by the supplier and the distributor involved are as follows:

Rory:
    Some of the workers of the supplier move their nuc boxes and their bees swarmed.

The workers put the nuc boxes where they weren't supposed to and the bees absconded.

The weather was cold and rainy.

We are still sending out packages for those who wanted them shipped via he mail.

I am getting some next week.

The supplier seems to be shipping with other folks but not me.

I will fill orders with my own bees.

The supplier is not telling me anything.

We should get some packages because the supplier ships out 600 - to 1000 per day.

I will call you every day with an update. (NOT)

The supplier has a ton of my money and I can't get any bees.

Gardner:

The weather has been bad. You know its agriculture.

Rory is difficult to work with - He is new at this.

Rory is moving and it seems to be interfering with his schedule.

We are still shipping to Michigan.

Someone elses employees messed up and moved our bees.

Someone stole our bees and even though we have cameras, the thieves also replaced the cameras sd cards.
    (No police report was filed).

Etc. etc. etc.

Bottom line no excuses should be having to be made. Forget the agriculture. This is business. Contract are contracts.
    Money has changed hands. Communication is paramount. Provide the option via communication for people
    to make an informed decision with the truth. People will either stay put or go elsewhere. But, people need to have
    the truth communicated to them on a time critical basis. Peoples money should not be held hostage - nor should they.

If you can't do the job then let people go elsewhere or do what they choose to do. Quit taking orders when you can't deliver.
    If you can't do the job then tell people and quit extorting them with feeble excuses. The bottom line is that someone over extended
    for whatever reason and the supply chain is at a halt with no communication. It is a terrible business practice by all concerned.

Contracts are contracts. All parties need to abide by their agreements and make all other parties whole. Tell people wehere they stand.

Seems both parties are having growing and plain old business problems hiding behind the agriculture excuse.
    This is being escalated by both parties delaying their requirements to communicate to the ultimate customer. They don't want to loose any of the money
    already paid. Don't believe it - ask for a refund of your money - if you can get a hold of anyone.

Anyone notice other orders being filled from the same supplier? Do a search - it is easy to see. The big boys do have clout.

Gardner bought Spell Bee and Rory is just starting out. It is a mess. Hopefully they get their stuff together really fast
    because this is interstate commerce and via the mail system in alot of cases. In case they don't know this could get big time
    ugly really fast.

All people really want is open and honest communication from all parties and a solid date for delivery.
    These are reasonable requests. People should also be given the opportunity to do business elsewhere with a refund of their
    money pronto if they so desire. If you can't deliver, let people go elsewhere.

Lastly, with all of the rushing around to catch up, what is the quality of the product going to be like. Another huge worry
    for the buyers. Search last years reports from the supplier. Not great in many cases. Some reports of no problem.
    What happens now with the rush to catch up if and when the product is ever delivered and is of inferior quality. How would this be rectified?

It appears that nothing is going to occur to make the end consumers in this case whole. No words of anykind about the current orders
    none the less a perk for somebody sticking with them. Man, every business and farming activity I have ever been involved with
    makes sure the end customer is communicated to honestly, quickly, and openly. If our business is at fault we make it right
    by the customer.

I hope these folks do the same.

Please post any further develops for everyone's sake to keep them informed. I hope all the best in this messy situation.
    Yes its agriculture, but its also contract law, interstate commerce, business law, and most of all common courtesy, respect,
    and common sense.

Mar 2011
    Temp. (F) Dew Point (F) Humidity (%) Sea Level Press. Visibility (mi) Wind (mph) Precip. (in) Events
    high avg low high avg low high avg low high avg low high avg low high avg high sum
    70 59 48 61 52 38 87 67 47 30.04 29.91 29.80 10 10 4 21 12 30 0.02 Rain
    62 50 37 42 37 33 85 62 39 30.19 30.11 30.03 10 10 7 18 4 23 0.00
    75 59 43 54 47 40 89 65 41 30.27 30.22 30.18 10 10 9 15 7 22 0.00
    78 68 57 59 56 53 93 71 48 30.21 30.10 29.97 10 7 1 30 9 38 1.06 Rain , Thunderstorm
    62 55 47 58 49 33 93 66 39 30.10 29.98 29.93 10 10 4 28 10 36 0.01 Rain
    61 49 37 36 30 23 85 54 23 30.20 30.15 30.10 10 10 10 21 10 29 0.00
    73 52 31 44 33 28 92 56 19 30.30 30.22 30.15 10 8 2 13 2 16 0.00
    79 60 40 48 43 38 96 61 26 30.28 30.21 30.17 10 9 5 12 3 16 0.00
    80 63 45 54 45 37 93 58 23 30.22 30.18 30.11 10 7 1 12 3 16 0.00
    80 63 45 52 48 43 93 63 32 30.23 30.16 30.09 10 9 2 15 6 21 0.00
    77 63 49 59 51 39 100 64 27 30.24 30.18 30.14 10 7 0 17 7 22 0.00 Fog
    81 62 42 49 44 39 96 60 23 30.34 30.27 30.24 10 9 5 9 1 12 0.00
    85 66 47 53 47 41 100 61 22 30.30 30.24 30.15 10 6 0 12 4 16 0.00 Fog
    90 71 52 56 50 44 83 52 21 30.22 30.18 30.12 10 9 6 12 4 18 0.00
    80 70 59 62 59 54 93 74 54 30.38 30.31 30.22 10 8 2 17 8 26 0.00
    84 68 51 59 54 50 100 67 33 30.38 30.32 30.19 10 5 0 9 2 15 0.00 Fog
    88 71 53 60 49 34 93 54 15 30.17 30.09 29.97 10 7 0 15 5 21 0.00 Fog
    85 72 58 61 57 50 97 65 32 29.99 29.91 29.78 10 7 2 21 10 31 0.00
    85 73 60 63 47 24 87 49 11 29.91 29.81 29.76 10 10 7 25 11 36 0.00
    74 58 42 43 37 34 86 56 25 30.02 29.96 29.91 10 9 7 13 4 16 0.00
    83 64 44 64 52 42 93 70 47 29.95 29.89 29.78 10 4 0 21 7 28 0.01 Fog
    83 70 57 69 64 56 93 74 55 29.94 29.85 29.79 10 8 2 22 8 28 0.15 Rain
    57 53 49 56 51 46 100 93 86 30.09 29.97 29.89 10 4 1 9 4 14 0.65 Rain
    58 52 46 54 49 44 93 85 77 30.19 30.11 30.07 9 5 2 8 4 12 0.00
    65 61 57 63 59 54 97 92 86 30.06 29.85 29.71 10 5 0 21 3 26 2.12 Fog , Rain , Thunderstorm
    70 62 54 64 58 50 97 85 73 29.78 29.68 29.58 10 6 1 18 4 25 0.08 Rain

Apr
    71 57 43 49 43 40 89 62 34 29.91 29.81 29.72 10 10 5 22 6 29 0.00
    77 62 47 51 45 41 89 60 31 30.07 29.98 29.91 10 10 9 18 5 25 0.00
    83 63 42 49 41 34 100 59 18 30.18 30.10 30.04 10 7 1 12 4 17 0.00
    88 72 55 66 57 44 84 62 40 30.08 29.96 29.81 10 10 10 21 10 29 0.00
    76 60 43 67 52 28 93 60 26 30.09 29.84 29.71 10 9 1 36 11 52 0.65 Rain , Thunderstorm
    72 55 39 40 35 30 93 61 24 30.26 30.18 30.10 10 9 2 8 2 - 0.00

Well my $183 bank check was cashed yesterday.

This is proper and ethical protocol right before shipping.

I ordered for the April 5th mail shipment.

Maybe I will have good news to report.

they cashed my check as soon as i sent it to them, was scheduled to receive packages march 27

Plumber, how are they gonna ship your bees if the supplier is shut down for 10 days. Thats why this is getting confusing did they shut down for 10 days last week or is that starting today. Big difference. And as for cashing your check they cashed mine over a month ago.

Timbo,

I called the last Monday and Tuesday of March and verified with Tanya that bees were still available for the April 5th shipment. Monday she said they were, and Tuesday she said they were still on schedule. So I ordered Tuesday, for the April 5th shipment. Sent them my money order that Wednesday.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast