Thread: Good news

Thumbs Up Good news

About 5 minutes ago I just got a call from my son and he is on his way home from Afghanistan, Helmund, Khandahar area, one of the hot spots. My wife spoke to him. I had sent him an email earlier today which he obviously had not received as he had forgotten that today was his birthday. Many prayers and worries have just been lifted. This is the end of his 3rd tour since joining in 2004, 2 in Iraq and 1 in Afghanistan. Lord Willing he will be getting out.

Danny
    "I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country." Nathan Hale, 1776

Default Re: Good news

Congratulations!!!! It's nice to hear some good news Glad He's alright!!!
    Virginia Wolf

Happy for you and praying for safe travel.
    Old Guy in Alabama

Congratulations!

Pray for my son, he will be deployed by September to Afghanistan also.

Quote Originally Posted by DRUR View Post
    Lord Willing he will be getting out. Danny
    Good news Danny. Safe travels to your son. I understand your position, but someone so dedicated is just who we need in uniform. But, if his descision is to not re-up, I certainly understand and support that. Three tours. Outstanding. I am glad for you and him that he is on his way back. Relish it.

Mark
    Proud Father of an Iraq War Wounded Warrior
    Mark Berninghausen "Ships at a distance have every man's wish on board." Zora Neale Hurston

Tell him "Welcome Home," and a most heartfelt "THANK YOU" from a Vietnam Vet.

Quote Originally Posted by jrbbees View Post
    Happy for you and praying for safe travel.
    Thanks it is deeply appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaBees View Post
    Congratulations!

Pray for my son, he will be deployed by September to Afghanistan also.
    I have done and will continue, but bring it up again when he gets close to deploying and you/he will have an army of prayer warriors.
    Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post
    Good news Danny. Safe travels to your son. I understand your position, but someone so dedicated is just who we need in uniform. But, if his descision is to not re-up, I certainly understand and support that. Three tours. Outstanding. I am glad for you and him that he is on his way back. Relish it. Mark Proud Father of an Iraq War Wounded Warrior
    Let us know the extent of your son's wounds and needs or you could pm me if you feel so inclined. I will add him to my prayer list, but it is nice to have at least a first name and know what we are praying for. I like being specific in my requests. And tell your son Thank You for the sacrifices he has made.
    Prayerfully
    Danny
    "I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country." Nathan Hale, 1776