Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Selling Honey

Default Re: Selling Honey

Great way to think "outside of the box" so to speak is to check with local resturants or caterers to see if they use honey in any of their recipes.

We've got a caterer friend who bought three gallons from us to use in her creations. She's even got some professionally done photos of her food creations with our honey drizzled on it! When people ask her about her suppliers she will refer to us.

As most agree, the trend these days is to buy local. You'd be surprised how many resturants who are doing just that. Some places might even be convinced to have your product on hand for purchase. Might be worth a shot!

Become the honey supplier to the local foodies and you will be golden! LOL!

I agree with Stacy, we have a raw foods restaurant and academy here that is dying for my honey. Call around, try BBQ joints that make their own sauce. I used to always carry a couple cases in the back of the truck and would sell it at work or where ever. Never sold side of the road and don't really like strangers coming to my house. Good luck!
    Mike Forbes
    Red Dirt Apiaries

Kingfisher
    there are several cattle auctions around you; panola,
    center and others, the auctions start at noon so if your set up
    around 9am you cold get some buyers who are waiting for auction
    to start.They know the labor that goes into producing a product.
    another out of the box idea might get a table at gun and knife show
    over in longveiw.

Where does the "Kingfisher" in Kingfisher Apiaries come from? If it's just a good name you thought of, that's great but it doesn't say "Local" as well was "Gilmer Golden Honey" might.

Just a thought.

It comes from a road that i keep bees on...thought it had a good ring to it. Plus does not sound funny. To late now...already have a dba and llc
    mike
    Please check out the new kingfisherapiaries.com!
    Like us on Facebook

In the Virginia, I sell my honey for $10.00 in one pound bottles, $15.00 for two pound bottles and $20.00 a quart. It flys off the table at farmers market. I also sell the small jars of honey cinnamon jelly (8 oz) for $7.00. At a recent farmers market I sold 50 of those jars in 90 minutes. It is not uncommon for us to sell about 800.00 on a Saturday. I am trying to break into the Washington DC markets but that is not as easy as I had hoped. WIll continue to try. But I am told if you can get in there, your sales will skyrocket.

So tell me something. Do you like to package and ship honey? I have and I don't. I much prefer direct store delivery or home sales. Packaging, taking tyo tyhe Post Office and shipping is a pain in the behind. Even when I charge for time spent packaging and posting. It ain't worth it to me.
    Mark Berninghausen
    The answers are the end. The questions are the journey. Journey on.

Portion of the profit? That's an interesting concept.

I'd rather bottle, label and deliver, that's all.
    Mark Berninghausen
    The answers are the end. The questions are the journey. Journey on.

I've sold honey and eggs at work with reasonable success. Eggs better than honey. Do you have kids in school? How about selling to parents or through a school newspaper or "bulletin board". I bought some from a roadside stand that was just a cut little building with a sliding glass door, a few jars of honey of various sizes marked with prices, and a slot to drop your money in. Certainly could get robbed, but there probably isn't a lot of honey or money in it at any one time....It was pretty cute and effective if people are honest.

Mike do a Craigslist search for my speil in General for sale keyword honey on Great Falls mt Craigslist. You may buy some!