Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Your favorite 'natural beekeeping' BLOGS?

11K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  KiwiMana 
#1 ·
Let us know your favorite BLOGS that feature and promote non-chemical type 'natural' beekeeping methods. Commercial, hobbiest, newbie, whatever - tell us the blogs you find enjoyable to read that are in keeping with the spirit of non-chemical or treatment-free beekeeping. :)
Including a very brief description of each blog you like will be helpful for others.

#3 ·
I'm a complete newbie, waiting on my first packages to arrive, but some of my best research over the last few years has come from reading http://beekeeperlinda.blogspot.com/.

It would be informative in any case, but the author lives in my area, which makes it an especially good read for me.

I think she started with a chemical-free approach and is moving toward a treatment-free approach.

Tangential: I put out a LGO-baited nuc and deep hive body, both with waxed PF-100 frames, and when it was up around 70 degrees the other day, I watched a single honeybee (only the second one I've seen this year) spend about ten minutes checking out the nuc. It was an absolutely amazing feeling.

#4 ·
one of my new favorites is SOMDBEEKEEPER.COM both the podcasts and forum are very informative.....also you can post any kind of organic or natural question you want and not get lectured by some old and set in his ways beekeeper about how organic or natural practices dont work

#6 · (Edited)
Hi stacie,

thanks for the compliment - I enjoy writing my blog. I have never used any treatments and see myself as a "natural beekeeper" with a chemical free approach since with all the pesticides in the world and a 3 mile radius of flying for the bees, we can't say we are organic beekeepers. I also use foundationless frames and am experimenting with top bar hives.

I've had a great time with my blog and it's been going now for five full years - the sixth year begins in April.

Thanks for the mention. I'm honored,

Linda T in Atlanta

#7 ·
Linda I must chime in and say thank you for your blog. I watched and read before I got my first hive. Seeing how you do the crush and stain method was great.
Also I studied the Bush website. So very helpful, just how I was wanting to do things.
Those are my two favorites.
Michele

#9 ·
Myself and a friend got into beekeeping last year , and decided to document our experiences in a blog ( see below ) , we are no experts and we have made some mistakes along the way, but we are both firm believers in being proper bee stewards, which involves all natural methods. I think it has some merit. Even if people can learn from our mistakes. Thanks

http://naturalbeekeepingblog.blogspot.com/

#10 ·
Myself and a friend got into beekeeping last year , and decided to document our experiences in a blog ( see below ) , we are no experts and we have made some mistakes along the way, but we are both firm believers in being proper stewards to our bees, which involves no chemicals and all natural methods. I think it has some merit, even if people can learn from our mistakes. Thanks

http://naturalbeekeepingblog.blogspot.com/

#11 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.