Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

40" Spatula

6K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  NasalSponge 
#1 ·
#8 ·
I made a spatula out of a piece of plexiglass. About 3 x 5 and sharpened along the short side. Attached to about 3' or so of 1/2" pvc pipe. The pipe was slotted to accept about an inch of the plexi and held together with a couple tiny bolts. The pvc handle is flexible enough to follow around the wall between the wall and reel.

This is a vertical radial extractor. Probably would need a more flexible scraper to conform to the tank wall on a horizontal radial.

#9 ·
Is this something y'all use at the end of the season, when extracting is finished or when? Do you really get enuf honey from doing so, to make it worthwhile? Maybe I'm just used to dealing w/ such a larger volume of honey in a season to not see the point of scraping the very last amount of honey out of an extractor.

Was 'em out at the end of the season. Or, as written above, set the extracter outside and let the bees clean it out for you.

That's my take. I'm sure individual circumstances make different demands on how we handle what we do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.