Default Hello from Eastern South Dakota!

Hello all! I found this forum via search engine and didn't see the Welcome section until now. Just getting started in this adventure with two packages (1 Italian Queen and 1 Carniolan) to be picked up on 4/8/11 (hopefully!)

I really appreciate the input people on this site are willing to give to help out newbies like myself!

Cheers!
    David

Default Re: Hello from Eastern South Dakota!

Welcome. Lots to read. Lots to learn. Spring is coming.

Welcome David!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

Welcome! from another David.

Where's Humboldt? My wife and I met in Sioux Falls where we both worked in the mid 1970s. We worked for KSFY-TV. But I don't remember Humboldt.

Moved back to where I grew up in Wisconsin and have been here ever since.

Welcome to the forum!

David

Welcome to the site!

Quote Originally Posted by Tappert View Post
    Welcome! from another David.

Where's Humboldt? My wife and I met in Sioux Falls where we both worked in the mid 1970s. We worked for KSFY-TV. But I don't remember Humboldt.

Moved back to where I grew up in Wisconsin and have been here ever since.

Welcome to the forum!

David
    Hello - Humboldt is about 20 miles west of Sioux Falls. My dad was the head of the Engineering group at KELO-TV throughout the 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCompound View Post
    Hello - Humboldt is about 20 miles west of Sioux Falls. My dad was the head of the Engineering group at KELO-TV throughout the 70s.
    David...small, small world. Do you or your dad remember Doug Lund and Larry Gruseth? They were cousins. Doug was an announcer for us when I went out there in 1973 (it was KSOO-TV then). Larry was his cousin and a copywriter at KELO-TV in the continuity department. Eventually Larry came over to work for us, and Doug moved over to do big things at KELO-TV. I was the continuity director at KSFY-TV.

Lots of places out there for keeping bees. Make sure you have a good windbreak.

David

Quote Originally Posted by Tappert View Post
    David...small, small world. Do you or your dad remember Doug Lund and Larry Gruseth? They were cousins. Doug was an announcer for us when I went out there in 1973 (it was KSOO-TV then). Larry was his cousin and a copywriter at KELO-TV in the continuity department. Eventually Larry came over to work for us, and Doug moved over to do big things at KELO-TV. I was the continuity director at KSFY-TV.

Lots of places out there for keeping bees. Make sure you have a good windbreak.

David
    Tappert - if you happen to see this (I just came across this again and finally saw your post):

I do remember Doug, but Larry's name isn't ringing a bell. My dad probably new him or new of him. I was still fairly young back then and mostly remember the "home team" crew: Jim Burt, Dave Deadrick, Leo Harding. The days of The Big News