Hybrid View

Default Can you recommend a source for Drip Irrigation material...

I'm considering installing a small drip irrigation system for some fruit trees and possibly one or two garden beds.

Is there a supplier or types of equipment that you can recommend?
    BeeCurious
    5 hives and 8 nucs................... Trying to think inside the box...

Default Re: Can you recommend a source for Drip Irrigation material...

I do not know the brand, but my grower swears by (works well for me) a 3/4 black flexible hose and a special kind of emitter. You have a small spaghetti hose coming out of the 3/4 pipe, with a colored stick on the end (different colors for different GPH). The stick sticks in the ground. Will need to get some pix of it. Easiest to clean if you have hard water issues/dirt. He has like 5 acres of berries and it takes his hired help much less time to check these emitters.

mike
    Please check out the new kingfisherapiaries.com!
    Like us on Facebook

If not your gardening center, Home Despot, Ace, Lowes, any of them will have the RainDrip system. Easy to use and install, been using it for years. There should be a little free booklet for planning and sizing your system or find it online... it'll have both the drip emitters for plantings and several kinds of sprayers/misters for beds, gardens, etc. I use them all over since we lose up to 50% water in large area-spray systems to evaporation!
    Bees, brews and fun
    in Lyons, CO

the big box stores don't really carry much that much...and they're pretty over-priced.

dripworks, out of california, is a great source. even with shipping costs, their prices are cheaper then anybody else around, and they have anything you might need.

www.dripworksusa.com

the password for commercial pricing on their website is:
    drip123

http://www.berryhilldrip.com/
    I used the garden kit last year to drip irrigate my garden- 15 rows each 17 feet long. Good prices and great service.
    Neurobee

As a PROFESSIONAL landscaper, I second Dripworks.

www.dripworksusa.com

There should also be a irrigation supply store for landscape contractors in your area and that would be your best bet, to buy what is available locally for professionals.

I do not recommend drip for most applications, spray is better. Drip is thin plastic installed on top of the ground where if is very susceptible to physical damage. It is ruined by rakes, rats, squirrels, sharp deer hooves, children. I do use 1/2" inline emitter tubing, Agrifim of Netafim, these are stronger than barbed emitters. It is also an unnatural way to apply water, concentrating it under the plant rather than wetting the overall area like rain does.
    Drip is great for grapes, where it is suspended up on the supports of the ground.