Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Swinger 1k loader

Been there done that, John.
    NUTRA-BEE feed supplements

Big Grin Re: Swinger 1k loader

Just a up date on this thread. Swinger has called back and said a demo machine 1K is in the works for Calif, will post next week with more details.

keith if you could can you take a little video of you driving the loader around when you get to demo it.
    I would be interested in seeing one work and a close up of what they look like.
    Nick

Keith, curious if you had a chance to check out the swinger 1k yet? Back when we were deciding which forklifts to buy a big turnoff with the 1k was that there wasn't a rocker pedal. we've been using a hummerbee turbo with a clamp and absolutely love it. But now y'all have me worried talking about transmissions on the hummer. Does the 1k sit you higher than the 1600? Because I always had to slouch while using it.long g term it was really uncomfortable. The hummer did you higher, does the 1k do the same? Also if one were to get the 1k with a joystick, where is the joystick located because it would seem that when your really moving fast on it it would be difficult to micro control it? if it would work that would be a nice feature. I guess I haven't heard alot in the hummer/swinger debate, esp that bit about hummers having transmission problems would you bring us up to date on why you think the 1k is better? Thanks alot

Forgot to ask: does the 1k use the same hydraulics as the old one? Like when your going full speed and let up on the gas it tries its best to throw you. That was also a big reason to get the hummerbee. It smoothly takes of and smoothly slows down even at high rev so you don't jerk the bees around or yourself. BTW, does anyone know if the air conditioning opinion is a removable or permanent type cab? That would be nice not having to wear a veil while loading bees.

FWIW I recently talked to Dean at A&O specifically about their transmissions. He conceded that there were some problems but that they have been addressed, some changes were made and they havent had any problems since. He was a bit technical in his response and I don't really recall the specifics. I don't know the time frame when these changes were made but my impression was it was a few years ago. I have over 200 hours on one I bought a year and a half ago and I have yet to have a problem of any kind. Im not going to attempt to say which one is better since I have never seen a Swinger 1K, I have no doubt it is a great machine I bought a Hummer primarily because it seems to have become the industry standard and also because I liked the slightly more compact dimensions of the Hummer yet was assured that it can still load a full tote of syrup on a truck if done with some care and common sense (always uphill), something which we have done quite often with it.
    Last edited by jim lyon; 03-25-2011 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Error
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by JoshJames View Post
    Keith, curious if you had a chance to check out the swinger 1k yet? Back when we were deciding which forklifts to buy a big turnoff with the 1k was that there wasn't a rocker pedal.
    Josh, They have a ROCKER PEDAL!!!!!! They can also set the pedal so it free wheels or stop's when foot is taken off or you can order it with two pedals.

The old 1600 & new 1K are NOT comparable.

The new 1K has a completely NEW, gear box, axels, hydraulic motors, swivel joints, user friendly dash & more.

Josh, I have been in the construction heavy dirt equipment business for more than a decade, I own cat's to cummings... case to komatu's there is a reason why I'm looking so hard at swinger 1k.

I will keep you posted when the 1k shows up.

Keith, I haven't skimmed through all of your posts on the subject, but did you in fact buy a 1K? And, when can I schedule a test drive? Ha

Quote Originally Posted by UVBee View Post
    , but did you in fact buy a 1K? And, when can I schedule a test drive? Ha
    Anytime... UVB just pm me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12