Default Devastating earthquake

I'm watching the tsunami move across the land in Japan after the earthquake and following Twitter. It's bad.
    Nobody ruins my day without my permission, and I refuse to grant it...

Default Re: Devastating earthquake

8.9 is an unbelievably strong earthquake!

Unfortunately the true extent of these things isnt know for days. Lets just pray it isnt as bad as it appears it might be.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

One of my professors is a leading researcher in the world on earthquake engineering and often is called out of the country when these things happen. He went to New Zealand last year.

Japan is particularly succeptable to soil liquifaction and after Japanese earthquakes, you will see massive soil settlements which causes damage to buildings and viaducts. But I'd venture to say this is the first time there has been helicopter footage of a tsunami plowing through farmland.

I was watching and there was a car driving down the road trying to escape and all I could think was DRIVE FASTER!!!

This is terrible. But it could be much worse. Japan is generally well prepared for earthquakes in their structural engineering.
    Solomon Parker, Parker Farms, ParkerFarms.biz
    11 Years Treatment-Free, ~25 Colony Baseline

The waves actually messed up several boats, & docks in my area.
    Only 6' high but a lot of water. 20 minutes of wave coming in, then 20 minutes for it to leave.
    Dan

Heads up!
    In the aftermath of a major disaster like the Japanese earthquake and tsunami, virus creators and online scammers often target their messages to take advantage of common emotions like curiosity, sympathy, and a desire to help others.

According to several cyber-security sites that track spam and malware, spam and 'phishing' emails are already circulating with subject lines such as "Japan earthquake photos, amazing rescue video" etc. These emails may contain spam, web links to sites containing malware, or infected attachments. In addition, bogus charity sites have been reported that prompt you to divulge confidential information in order to make a 'donation'. You may possibly become a casualty of this great and sad event your self.
    So proceed with caution when opening emails and things from the unknown…
    Unfortunately there are predator’s out there waiting to take advantage of others in a time of hardship.
    Jim
    Planning bridges the gap between our desires and dreams, by calling us to action.