Default need packages and nucs in Michigan

I know I should have looked into this sooner, but that's the way it is, I need to know if anyone can PLEASE direct me (without me doing alot of phone calling) to a source of quality package bees and or medium depth nucs that I can pick up (within reasonable driving distance) preferably before May 1. I need about 3 packages and a couple medium nucs, genetics don't make much difference at this point as long as I can get the bees. Maybe someone is hauling a load of packages north this spring and will have extras. Would like to get a couple medium nucs also like I said earlier, but will take packages for those if I can't get the nucs. I live in southeastern Michigan, just south of Detroit, I would be willing to drive a couple hundred miles for the bees if I need to, its either that or maybe not get bees, I would rather have the bees, lost alot of my hives this winter. Really would appreciate someone to help me out here, I know its getting late. Thanks in advance, John

Default Re: need packages and nucs in Michigan

call dadant michigan branch, they will have packages in mid-april and deep nucs to (I don't know if deeps are arriving at the same time). Number is 1-877-932-3268. They might have some left.

Don Lam of the holland area beekeeps assoc. bring up 3 big loads the end of april and beginning of may. his cell number is 616 886-1116

Cool Re: need packages and nucs in Michigan

One of Wilbanks Michigan dealers is Blanche Barber (248)634-7017. Might check to see if she has any extras. Good luck.
    Ron

Anthony Bee Farm in Swartz Creek, which is just west of Flint. There's an 18 wheeler coming from Olivares Honey Bees in California around mid April. Orders need to be in by March 25. 810-621-4371

MrJeff, thanks for the info, I've been up that way before and its not a bad drive for me. John

Thanks for all the help in locating package bees, I was able to order some this morning. John

Who did you end up going through?

I got them from www.buybeesnow.com John