Thread: New Camera?

Default New Camera?

I have a good camera (10 mega pixel cannon...the best and most expensive point and shoot that best buy had) that I use for all my pictures. However, it is heavy and bulky and not something that I want wax all over. I want a good pocket camera to take into the bee yard to capture in hive pics and random bee yard pics/video (like the nasty hive attacking a red wasp yesterday). I was looking at sams and they had thiscamera or a almost identical one for 80-90 bucks...Is it any good or do I need to look elsewhere? I like cannon...but am open. Since this is going to be a bee yard camera I do not want to spend more than 100 bucks. Between wax and a rough environment I do not want something really nice...but at the same time I do not want a piece of junk. Help?

mike
    Please check out the new kingfisherapiaries.com!
    Like us on Facebook

Default Re: New Camera?

That's the same camera that my husband takes fishing/farming/etc. and it takes great pictures (better than my 'good' camera, which is an 8.0 mp Fugi, also from Sams). I keep a few of those disposable latex gloves in my 'bee stuff' tool tray and put one of them on to take pics, saves cleaning off propolis later.

I have an older sony cybershot. It's compact and It takes pretty good video as well.
    I looked on ebay out of curiosity.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-Cyber-Shot-...item19c2284d4f

I bought a nice Pentax a couple of years ago, and it's really good-quality, but like you said, it too is heavy and I don't want to get it messed up.
    My old Fuji Finepix is the first digital cam I bought several years ago, and it's still my favorite. It has a 10x zoom, it's small, and very easy to use. I'm sure you can't still get the 2600 model, but I've love my little camera and it's held up very well to lots of use.
    So many weeds.......so little time.

I ended up getting a cannon....nice camera for 90 bucks!
    http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consum...rshot_a3000_is

mike
    Please check out the new kingfisherapiaries.com!
    Like us on Facebook

I just picked up a Nikon L22 at WalMart - $79.00, and takes really nice photos. It also has a decent macro function. 12 megapixels - set it to 12MP* for the largest file size. Lots better than dragging my "real" cameras out to the yard, ( I'm a photographer and honey doesn't seem to have the right effect when it gets on the lens...)