Default How do I keep my post from being deleted? was: "Lazy Beekeepers"

this is the original quetion posted by WiredForStereo
    "So, those of you who don't treat, are you lazy? Are you bee havers not beekeepers? Is keeping bees more naturally more work or less? Do you feel like you waste more or less time? Is beekeeping for you more or less fun? What do you say to people who insult you because you don't do things their way"

I'm not asking this question to stir up trouble I think the topic being talked about now is more interesting than the OP but I'm genuinely wanting to know the answer.
    When someone starts a thread and we can take this one as an example it starts off with a specific question or observation and then like any conversation it can branch out and go off in different directions, more than once on this particular thread it's been asked that we go back to the original post because we have strayed off topic.

So now that we are talking about resistance vs tolerance this thread has once again gone off topic.
    I have no problem with that It's been an interesting read.
    What I do want to know is if I'm going to take the time to post something I want to know it's going to stay ....so how do I know whether my off topic post is going to be acceptable?

Ta much
    and not trying to get myself into trouble!

frazz

Default Re: "Lazy Beekeepers"

Quote Originally Posted by frazzledfozzle View Post
    What I do want to know is if I'm going to take the time to post something I want to know it's going to stay ....so how do I know whether my off topic post is going to be acceptable?
    I've been deliberating about that myself.

It's up to the moderator. I've given up trying to steer this in any direction except the reason for why it started. It's like trying to steer a boat while waterskiing behind it. Biological Beekeepers really are in the minority even in their own forum. I wanted to address the issue of people calling me and others names, but those I was attempting to address stood in the way of any meaningful discussion past the first few posts by doing what I was concerned about to begin with.

Yeah, it's off topic, but what can be done now? It's too late.

But, I'll probably run into the guy who precipitated me starting this thread again, and I'll post a new one, and I'll enforce it next time. But we can't have an honest dialogue here as long as beekeepers with no vested interest in the context are allowed to have a say.
    Solomon Parker, Parker Farms, ParkerFarms.biz
    11 Years Treatment-Free, ~25 Colony Baseline

Default Re: How do I keep my post from being deleted? was: "Lazy Beekeepers"

There are usually two types of "off topic". One is where the discussion goes in a direction away from the thread title due to members picking up on a particular point in a post and expanding on it, bring in other ideas that tend to wonder off in a new direction. The other type is where someone posts a comment, as in the "Lazy Beekeeper" thread, that is in direct violation of the posting rules. Such as discussing moderation, getting into political or religious issues, low grade personal attacks, etc.

As long as you stay away from the second type, you shouldn't have anything to worry about. The first type rarely if ever get deleted. At most those posts may get moved to a new thread or a warning my be posted by the moderator to get back on topic.
    Regards, Barry

Default Re: How do I keep my post from being deleted? was: "Lazy Beekeepers"

makes perfect sense to me Barry thanks for clearing that up

frazz