Default excess moisture in small batch

I had a colony die out this winter. I decided to spin the storred honey and as i did some was not caped and added what I feel is a bit to much moisture.
    Can I say put some in a shallow baking dish and place in to a 110 degree oven to aid in evaperating the extra moisture? Has any one tryed it and or any suggestions? jc

Default Re: excess moisture in small batch

Did you test for moisture or just guessing? Uncapped honey can be perfectly OK as long as the bees had time to dry it.

Sad Re: excess moisture in small batch

The honey has not been tested. I have no means to do so. It is a bit runny. My concern is it having to much moisture, and fermenting. I guess I will just keep it refrigerated. If there is an easy way to get the moisture out I am all ears. Thanks

At this time of year, at least where I live, the house furnace is still running regularly day and night, I know if you put the honey out in shallow pans, keep it covered with a cloth to keep dust out of it, the low humidity in the house with the furnace running will get excess moisture out of it pretty quick. I know, I did the same thing here recently, actually it almost got too thick because I got busy and forgot about it for awhile before I bottled it up. John

I have a small boiler room in my mother in laws home that would work great. The thing runs constantly I think I will give it a try. Most likley put some black plastic screen over the pan with some sticks going across it stays dry. I will let it sit for a week or so then check it. tanks