Default Old Beekeeping Books Found

Wow! These old beekeeping books, etc. were found recently at my parents' home. They were acquired by my father from his mentor, William Jacobson, whose father was also a beekeeper. Fascinating! I wonder what their value is!

ABC and XYZ of Bee Culture, by A.I. and E.R. Root, 1923 Edition (hard cover)

Law of the Honey Bee, American Honey Producers League, 1924 (hard cover)

The Hive and the Honey Bee, Copyright, 1946, 1949 by Dadant & Sons, Inc. Extensively revised 1949, Third Printing 1960 (hard cover)

How to Keep Bees and Sell Honey, by Walter T. Kelley, Copyright 1958 (soft cover)

A Thousand Answers to Beekeeping Questions, by Dr. C.C. Miller, Third Edition-Seventh Thousand, Copyright 1917, Published: 1919 (hard cover)

Dadant catalog - 1982
    Myers Craft, Burgaw, North Carolina - 1965 catalog
    Beginning with Bees (pamphlet), Booklet No. 2, Package Bees. Published by Dadant & Sons. Unknown date, 10 cents

Bookmarkers, Ribbons, etc. found in books:

Dadant Memorial Beekeepers' Conference and Field Meet; Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota and Wisconsin Cooperating, Platteville, Wisconsin, August 17-20, 1926. Issued to Geo. Jacobson of Kaukauna, Wis.

Blue Ribbon: Wisconsin State Beekeepers' Assn. - 52nd Annual Convention - Madison, Wisconsin, dated December 3, 4, 1930.

State Department of Agriculture and Markets, State Capitol, Madison, Wisconsin, Bulletin No. 58, Issued by the Division of Entomology, E.L. Chambers, State Entomologist, Revised December 1927.

Unfortunately many many boxes of very old beekeeping magazines had been thrown away years ago.

Default Re: Old Beekeeping Books Found

Don't know anything about value, but very cool!

Hopefully someone will write in who has experience with the old beekeeping books.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee Bliss View Post
    Fascinating! I wonder what their value is?
    I'd say the value isn't monetary. Their worth derives from the fact that they were your dad's; that you're carrying on something your dad did; and that as a beekeeper you can appreciate old beekeeping books.

Well there is a ABC and XYZ of Bee Culture, by A.I. and E.R. Root, 1954 Edition on ebay that has bids of $25 so far.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BEEKEEPING-honey...item3cb58a8917

Law of the Honey Bee, American Honey Producers League, 1924 is worth around the same price $25 in good condition!

The Hive and the Honey Bee, Copyright, 1946, 1949 by Dadant & Sons, Inc. Extensively revised 1949, Third Printing 1960 --There is a 1946 edition with 1 bid on ebay for $9.95.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1946-HIVE-AND-HO...item3cb5bae8c6

How to Keep Bees and Sell Honey, by Walter T. Kelley, Copyright 1958 -$5-$10

A Thousand Answers to Beekeeping Questions, by Dr. C.C. Miller, Third Edition-Seventh Thousand, Copyright 1917, Published: 1919 about $20-$30
    Found one close to the same one on amazon.com!

Thats a rough idea!