Default provide me with some tips on keeping Yellow Jackets away from my honey display at f

each year we doing outside festival late in September and we always have problems with the yellow jackets hovering around the observation hive and my honey samples. Can you provide me with some tips on keeping them away

Default Re: provide me with some tips on keeping Yellow Jackets away from my honey display at

I'm guessing it would be pretty similar to what we all have at the Farmers Markets. All the samples get covered up after each sample with a lid in my case. Just don't have any honey exposed or you've just invited all for a buffet so to speak!! Good luck..

Default Re: provide me with some tips on keeping Yellow Jackets away from my honey display at

Flyswatter? Not being sarcastic.
    Wasp trap??? plenty of threads on those here at BS
    3 hives/2 nucs

We have the same problem at the farmers markets. Yellow jackets and honey bees. Hope for a cool day, keep everything covered up.

When I was in Greece over the summer, there were wasps all over the outdoor tables at the restaurants in the islands. When they got really bad, the waiters would bring over something that burned and smoked. I don't know exactly what it was. It didn't look/smell like incense. It wasn't a briquette. But whatever they were burning made enough smoke to help repel the wasps.

Btw, I would not try a wasp trap. Before a trap can catch wasps, it has to attract them. I'd think that would be the last thing you'd want at your stand. Good luck!

they are very bad today!

Keep the honey in the bottles and the bottles clean. If you give samples, the bees will come.
    Buy a battery operated Dust Buster and neck the intake down with a piece of PVC pipe. Heat the PVC in hot water until it is soft and push it into the end of the dustbuster. Duck tape it in place.
    When the yellow jackets come around, just suck them into the dustbuster.