Default paramoth question

I have never used this product before, I know that it is to be used for stored brood combs or empty extracted combs, never on combs full of honey for human consumption. But is it ok to use it on combs of honey that will be used to start up package bees, the combs will be used only in the brood boxes? Thanks, John.

Default Re: paramoth question

I would store the honey frames in the freezer if you have the room for them. Paramoth odor lasts a good long time, 2-3 days, and they have to be aired out or the bees will be hanging on the front of the hive for a day or so. I don't know if the odor will penetrate into capped honey but I wouldn't take the chance.

Default Re: paramoth question

I'm not taking any chances then, I certainly don't want to hurt package bees with residue in the capped frames of honey. I don't have enough room for all my frames of honey in the freezer, I'll just store them in their boxes, stack them up in my basement and seal the crack between the boxes with tape all around. Only need to keep the moths out of them for another month or so till the packages arrive. Thanks, John.