Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Topics for Beesource Reference Section

24K views 39 replies 25 participants last post by  kilocharlie 
#1 ·
Barry has asked me to collect info on different topics i.e. pollen patty recipes, queen rearing techniques, etc. to post on the resources section of this site. If you have any SPECIFIC subjects that you would like posted, please post here. If you have info you want included, please post the beesource link.

Thanks

mike

#27 ·
Jack G. - Thank you for the link to Sue Cobey's article on the Cloake board queen rearing method! That helps!

Also - for a reference section, wouldn't we be listing references, not topics? I'd love to see more book lists, dissertations published at Cornell University, Univ. of California at Davis, etc. , publications of the National Bee Laboratory and various state bee inspection agencies, Apimondia papers, an archive of American Bee Journal and Gleanings in Bee Culture magazine articles, English beekeeping certification test preps,...an on-line reference section or even a full-blown beekeepers' library.

It would be nice if this were accessible from entering the site as is the build-it-yourself section.

#32 ·
Jack G - Thanks also for Mel Disselkoen's article. After reading what he came up with 20+ years ago, I'm feeling much more innovative. Some of this beats Alley's Cut Cell Method and when you combine it with Cloake's board, queen rearing is getting very easy! He's correct about Farrar's Law. Fortunately, I read this in time to try this year.

#36 ·
I'd REALLY like to see product reviews for equipment, also equipment suppliers, package suppliers, customer services issues, quality concerns... etc. It would be extremely beneficial for newbies like myself. I stumbled into a few wrong purchases which in hindsight I wish I could of avoided.

Also hive ventilation, there seems to be so many varying viewpoints sprinkled through out the forum in various posts. Also a lot of opposing viewpoints in beekeeping books.

#39 ·
#40 · (Edited)
Jack - Thank you for the links! I really enjoyed Dennis vanEnglesdorp's talk, and the RNAi slideshow.

Barry - I'd like to expand on my post #27 - it would be cool if we could get public domain permission for the magazine articles from ABJ, GBC, Bee Culture, and the academic papers of the universities. I understand that would probably not be easy to obtain...but it would be worth looking into. It would seem that the universities would be a little bit easier to work with, but who knows?

A book review section would save a lot of people a lot of headaches (and heartaches) with their bees. Reading is a shortcut to beekeeping success. Beesource is a fantastic addition to the bee literature!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.