Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

New beekeeper coming

3K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  darrellva 
#1 ·
I had to say it. The wife hit me as I walked thru the door Tuesday morning. We are going to add a new member to the family in about 9 months. We are thrilled. Sorry I'm just pumped and had to tell yall.

#9 ·
You will enjoy every minute with them.:)
No, that's a lie. There will be times when they'll make you crazy. Times when you want to slap them silly. Times when you wonder how you could have ever thought having kids was a good idea. There will be times when they break your heart and times when they're sick and you're powerless to make it all better.

Worth it? Absolutely! But I think "enjoy every minute" is delusional! :)

#12 ·
Conratulations! I've got a 6 and an 11 year old. Out of everything that has happened in my life having kids has had the most impact (in a positive way too). Been married 18+ years and that's a cakewalk versus kids. The first 6-weeks of a newborn for a first time parent are the toughest. At about 6-weeks is when the fog lifts and everyone comes through as a "new family." I can't imagine my life without my kids (or wife) now. You be amazed how fast they grow (the kids ;) ).

#13 ·
That is wonderful news!!! My grandchildren at 11 and 12... I've never regretted having children...but as a few have mentioned, it isn't all easy. They'll both bring you the greatest joy in life, and break your heart. Just hang in there, and love them. The payoffs are amazing.
Regards,
Steven

#15 ·
I should have said this in my first post this will be number two for us I have a daughter that will be 8 in April and thinks she is going on 20. Its been along time though sense a baby was in the house. What is so great about it is that we have been trying for 5 months with no luck so we was really pumped when we got the news that we was.

Thanks for all the congrats I can't wait.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.