Default Hoping for some special Florida honey due to Spring break trip

Our daughter is going to Florida for spring break. We'd like her to bring us back some special Florida honey and need some advice. What varieties could we expect her to find?. Orange blossom, sour wood, Tupelo? Any others? Also, we would want local and not grocery store brand. Will some of the grocery stores carry local? How do we tell her what honey brand to avoid, or rather how to tell "Local"? Is Tupelo quite expensive? How much per quart or gallon?

Missed out on asking another daughter to get some local honey from St. Lucia recently. Thought about it after she got back.

Thanks!

Default Re: Hoping for some special Florida honey due to Spring break trip

Where in Florida is she going? The best bet is probably a farmers market. When I go to visit my grandparents I head out to the local farmers market and find some fruit for breakfast and honey to bring home. You could also try some mangrove and saw pawmetto. I got some mangrove last time and its definitely different.

So far the plan is Panama City Beach.

Gallberry is high quality honey and most grocery stores carry it local.Try winndixie,publix ,harveys or food lion ,not walmart.

Tupelo
    Palmetto
    Galberry
    Orange Blossom

Many fruit/produce stands will carry local honey, sometimes the chain stores above will too.

Often you'll see roadside vendors selling 'off the truck' and between 5 and 10 bucks a pound should be expected, depending on variety and vendor.
    My wife says I have ADD, but, hey look- a chicken!

My daughter may be blonde................. but it wasn't her who locked the keys to the

car in the trunk IN FLORIDA!!!!!

Tell her to keep her eye out for a road side stand or little country store. They should have local honey. And some of the bigger stores out that way may even have some local honey. But, you are just a bit early to get honey from this year. It is just not ready yet. Tupelo should be avaiable or Gallberry in the area she will be. Tupelo would be a little more special IMHO. Gallberry is fine honey it is just a little more plentiful.