Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

drawing comb

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  dannyidp 
#1 ·
I have a two deep strong hive,It has been in the seventy's here for a couple of weeks and the bee's are really busy.Last week I swapped deeps the top was almost full of honey and most of the bee's were up in the top so I'm hoping swapping will get them working both boxes a little better.I added a med super and Q/E on top with no drawn comb and I just can't get them to move up any suggestions would be appreciated.O I did put a feeder on top hoping to get them to move up and maybe star to working this comb before the flow..... thanks.....

GOVERNMENT BIG ENOUGH TO GIVE YOU EVERYTHING YOU NEED
IS BIG ENOUGH TO TAKE EVERYTHING YOU HAVE!

#2 ·
Sometimes it is hard to get them to move up with just foundation through a queen excluder. If you have any drawn comb put it above the excluder and you will have better luck. If you do not have any you could put two med boxes on and put on deep frame of brood in the middle once you get them going through the excluder and drawing comb on the medium frames you can move the deep back down and they should continue to work your medium frames. It is more work but, will work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.