Default honey on bottom entrance

It warmed up the last couple days into the 50s.I checked my bees today had some flying in and out but I noticed some honey laying on the bottom entrance looks like its coming under the mouse guard I have installed. Is this normal ? I do have a screened bottom and don't have any signs of honey under the hive.

Default Re: honey on bottom entrance

Check for a moisture issue in that hive. Sounds like not enough ventilation and condensation is running the honey off the combs. Hopefully, it is not raining on the bees.

I noticed the same thing yesterday (warmest day we had after about 4 months. in the middle 50s) There was a small puddle of honey just inside the entrance. I think what was happening is that the cluster moved to a location rich in honey and started opening the capped honey and some leaked down. Nothing to be concerned about. After while they cleaned it out.

I don't have a moisture problem. I removed the inner cover and all looks good. I went into winter with 3 deeps,screened bottom,put 1/2 insulation under shimmed top cover. The bees are not into the top super as of today.The honey just showed up yeasterday.I also lifted the back of the hive and it's still pretty heavy.I not worried about the honey on the entrance , just was wondering why.