Hybrid View

Default Frames from Western Bee Supply

Can anyone give me advice on their frames? Their economy ones are real cheap.

Default Re: Frames from Western Bee Supply

I bought 4,000 of their economy top bars this winter and they look real good.

Johnny
    "Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." - Mark Twain

Generally they are pretty good. My experience (based on three orders) is maybe 2 to 4% of the top bars were warped. Most of the warped ones are usable but some are annoying.

i've been happy with them.

I ordered about 200 of them. I've put together half. One of them was warped pretty bad. They are SUPER cheap, by cheap I mean they cost half of what everyone else is charging. I'm very happy with them. Received my order within a week. Would definitely buy from them again.

downhome

Browning cut stock in Juliaetta, ID has cheaper frames yet and they advertise them as #1 quality.
    See there ad in American Bee Journal magazine.

I bought maybe 200 from Western Bee last year around June and they went together well...I'd buy them again, except I got in on the "pay no shipping" deal from Mann Lake several times during the fall and winter, and bought their frame parts as well, and have had very good luck with them...I'd check with Mann Lake if you're looking for a good deal. I think their "pay no shipping" is still going on until their spring catalog comes out. You just have to buy over $100.00 worth to get the free shipping.

dixie

HTML Code:
    You just have to buy over $100.00 worth to get the free shipping.
    Yea like thats hard to do...
    Honeydew

I bought all my gear from them this year. Their woodenware is excellent. I recommend spending a few extra bucks and get their best woodenware. Vicki handles sales and is very helpful. Im getting my carnolian bees from then as well. Good luck. Are you a newbeek?

John Q
    Helena, Mt

Thumbs down Re: Frames from Western Bee Supply

We purchase 22,000 of them in 2010 of which 7-10% were unusable. We have a silver queen uncapper and they are bowed enough to take a knife out. We burned them after being unable to get any kind of a refund or exchange. Most of the warping came after they were put together and it didn't matter what size the frames were, deep-ill.- or 7-5/8. As we run them through the system and before we discard them, we are going to take pictures and post them for others to see. Should have done this earlier.
    Al