Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Hauling Honey Bees

Used to be able to get freight insurance through lloyds of London, but they don't cover live bees anymore. I am currently looking for a new company as my vehicle insurance policy does not cover live animals either.
    Always question Conventional Wisdom.

Just spoke with one of my surplus line brokers and she said she has a company that will do trip transit coverage for bees, basiclly 2.25 per 100.00, 500.00 min with 500.00 deduct.
    I can only write if you are based in Missouri but if you check with an independent agent and have them check with thier surplus lines they may be able to help you out.

I'm interested in this...
    What kinds of losses do the insurances cover?
    Do many of the commercial guys that move bees use this?
    What is the replacement value? Going to almonds and loading your hives the values could be quite high. Value of hive + income + loss of account.
    I dont have a need for this product just interested

This is transit coverage, loss is due to accident, theft etc while in transit, value is value of each hive, does not include loading and unloading you should have commercial coverage for your operation. Does not cover loss of income or account. You have to write a policy for each trip to be covered. Your independent agent should be able to fill you in for your state this is just letting you know that it is out there.

What company is that through? Price is 3 times higher than what i am used to paying, but it may very per states or something.
    Always question Conventional Wisdom.

Scottsdale, it does vary by state and there may be cheaper here also I just did a quick check I know Lloyds has pulled out of several markets that they would write at one time. As the market tightens prices reflect it.