Default Montana beekeepers...

I saw your hives along the freeway between Dillon and Missoula. White deeps with black tops and bottoms. Then closer to Missoula-multi colored deeps on pallets. Wanted to say HI!
    And: What the heck do your bees bring in in that bare country? Rocks, sagebrush and a bit of short grass is about all I see.

Here is a few pics of my trip..Sage brush looks like a weed to the untrained eye. Imagine this in a Bonsai pot!

Our Mule Wilbur..Hee hee, he is saying 'This Elk hunting is easy! I don't know what they are all so tired for!"

An early morning view from camp-red sun thanks to all the wildfires:

Default Re: Montana beekeepers...

We are North of where you were at. First year to have bees. Ours are working wildflowers and clover. We live in the forest along the Clark Fork River. Lots of elk here....;-)

the multi colored ones are a guy named burt and his sons. they sell honey at the missoula farmers market, as does my wife. the yards around dillon might be for sale, listed in the abj. nice pics. any elk?

Oh Lauri! I lived in NW Mt. for years, and wanted to get into BK, ended up in NC mountains....but loved it there. Fireweed was big up there for bees. I have read about the drought and it makes me sad....I saw a pic of you hunting. I was fortunate to get a moose tag and shot ole Loula Belle in the neck and she was some GOOD eating! Love your FB too!