Default Hi from New York

Hi all, I am currently looking to get into bee keeping. I've ordered a few books (still waiting for them to come in), and have been looking everywhere on the internet. This website is one of the best that I came across, and saw a few people who are near where I live (north of Rome). I am hoping to maybe get a chance to visit an experienced bee keeper to get some experience. As for getting started this year, I was thinking of maybe setting up one hive, but I would rather be prepared and know what I'm doing, verses rushing into it and having problems.

Default Re: Hi from New York

Welcome to the site!

Welcome Ava. I sure hope you get hooked up w/ the Mid-York Beekeepers. They meet at the Country Extension Bldg near the airport, monthly, I believe. Look up eshpa.org on the web for more info about Local and Statewide Associations.
    Mark Berninghausen "Ships at a distance have every man's wish on board." Zora Neale Hurston

Thanks! I'm going to look into finding more information on Mid-York Bee Keepers.

Welcome to Beesource AvaBee
    So many weeds.......so little time.

Welcome, I am a member of Mid-New York Beekeeping Club we have a meetingon Tues Feb 8th at 7 pm I live in Floyd and can help you out you can call me at 368-4732 my name is Jim.

Welcome!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

Thanks Jim, I guess I found this website just in time! I will definitely give you a call, I really was hoping to find someone in the area that could help me out. I'm very green, still just learning about bees, let alone keeping them. I'm excited and ready to learn. If its okay, I will try to give you a call tomorrow late morning. Thanks again, Brenda.