Default Need help find growers in Florida

Hi i have 50 hive, want to find any crop for pollination, i know its not a lot, just cant start on my own same like every body need help from professionals commercial beekeepers. My name Andrey Romanyuk Thank you

Default Re: Need help fing growers in Florida

Search "florida grower associations" web sites. You will find lots contacts there.
    Leer Family Honey Farm-Shannon Leer

As a Florida beekeeper I would reccomend staying away from pollination at this point....most beekeepers I know doing pollination WISH they didnt, but they cant let go of those contracts...because they are money in hand. Pollinatiing crops here in FL is very hard on the bees and most pollinators I have spoken to make no bones about their losses due to pollination on heavily sprayed and treated crops. They have enough hives to make up their losses via splits, or they buy new bees to replace whats lost. We dont get paid a whole lot of $$$ here in FL for pollination either...highest being $50-$75 per hive...for that kind of money I chose to leave mine to making honey...they are a lot healthier and I make more selling their honey than I do hauling them to pollination contracts...good luck just my opinion and advice.
    A government large enough to provide everything you need is strong enough to take everything you have. T. Jefferson

peacekeeperapiaries, are you in Florida? Where? My bees know in acradia around alot of citrus how much orange honey? and wher is the place for bulk honey to sell?

Default Re: Need help find growers in Florida

imperalbee

if your looking for queen or learning classes I would trade some of that bulk honey for lessons.
    Don

www.DixieBeeSupply.com

Peacekeeper is right ,you would be better off staying away from pollination . If you are in Arcadia I think the nearest place for you to sell honey would be Gold Sweet in Lake Whales. They buy honey in small lots.

Thank you i hear a lot to stay away from pollination. How much Gold Sweet pay for honey? And wich best containers to store honey?
    Last edited by imperialbees; 02-01-2011 at 05:12 PM.

Gold Sweet and other packers/ bottlers will pay "market price" it varies from day to day, week to week, and depends heavily on the source of the honey. For just a few hives food grade 5 gal buckets work well, for more food grade drums fit the bill. Best to call them and ask.

BTW, im in Palm Bay, east coast bout 60 miles east of Orlando. If I can ever be of assistance please feel free to get in touch with me.

steve
    A government large enough to provide everything you need is strong enough to take everything you have. T. Jefferson