Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another 15-20"

Thumbs down Another 15-20"

This is just getting out of control. MORE snow Tues-Thurs.
    It will be a miracle if my bees make it through this winter.
    We will probably have snow still melting in July! s
    www.maxantindustries.com
    American made Honey Processing Equipment "Built to last a lifetime"

Default Re: Another 15-20"

Seventy degrees here today and this is considered a cold winter for us considering two snowfalls so far.
    Georgia Wildlife Services, Inc
    www.atlantawildliferemoval.net

You guys shut down your state when there is a flurry!
    www.maxantindustries.com
    American made Honey Processing Equipment "Built to last a lifetime"

I love snow covering hives for as long as possible! But it is usually a dry powdery snow. I suppose that is why telescoping covers have metal lids, because it is wet where you are at. It is -2 here and spring is a long long way away. Good luck.

Ill trade the 20 inches of snow for an inch of ice. Sound good?
    Chris Cree
    Cree's Bees

I dry fed some of the hives that were running low on food and couldn't believe how fast they went through that sugar. It is really amazing to pop a lid two days after applying the sugar and see the sugar wet from metabolism and partly consumed. I made 1 1/2" rims so I could slide a pollen sub patty underneath and add sugar to the top. My design was really simple. I cut a bunch of 3/16 masonite (all I could find) drilled a hole in the middle of each with a six inch hole saw, and then made a sandwich with a masonite sheet - 1/2" hardware cloth - masonite sheet. The six inch hole had a bead of liquid nail run around it to hold the wire in place and to form a seal between sheets. The frame was cheap ex-plywood with a locking rabbit. A large stack of glued sandwiches can be weighted down overnight to let the glue set and the next day the frame can be assembled with more liquid nail in a rabbit that is near the middle of the frame (like sliding in a drawer bottom with a hole in the middle).
    So you might be able to keep those hives alive if you can get some emergency feed on them (Mountain-camp)

I'll swap our Central Indiana weather forcast for your 15"-20" of snow. We're looking at 1.5" to 2" inches of ice. Worst ice storm in memory.

Im in NC and we too shut down the state when we get a flurry or two.
    I have friends up on the Cape and i hear this week is gonna be another toughy for ya'll with this storm coming in. They say 100 million people are gonna be affected by this next round of storms. Come On Mother Nature! i think we are all wanting to see the Spring!

We would love another 20 inches here. We lost a large percentage of the snow pack this month with rain in the mountains. If we don't get hammered with the white stuff soon it will be a long dry summer.

Dan
    Dan Hayden 4 Years. 9 hives. Tx Free. USDA Zone 5b.

already called off school tomaroww due to expected ice. News person said this may be the biggest storm the county has ever seen.
    Chris Cree
    Cree's Bees

I love the winter time!
    Helps me get caught up in the wood shop for spring orders.
    Snow is a good way to insulate the east wind they are calling for by the middle of the week. The wind drives the cold inside and the cluster will need to have plenty of food or elses
    Regards,
    Danny Slabaugh
    Promoting Better Beekeepers by sharing what works for me.

Winter slammed us pretty hard here too today, as temperatures plummeted to the mid-60's. So don't feel like you're the only ones roughing it...

It was so cold here on Sunday, I had to wear a t-shirt on the boat when we went fishing....brrrrrr a brisk 76 degrees
    A government large enough to provide everything you need is strong enough to take everything you have. T. Jefferson

woke up to a icy galzed everything this mourning...might get a little more ice tonight before rain....but looking at the storm track drops south 5 miles we'll be in the ice. 1/2 inch of it.
    Chris Cree
    Cree's Bees

weather man is calling for 1 1/2 to 2 feet of snow here tomarrow.walking bird plummeted to mid 60s lol.it was 14 below here sunday and last sunday it was -20.thats farinheit not celesus
    Dwayne.S
    Westmoreland N.Y.

Iceing up out there. Switching to rain. Hope the higher temps can melt the ice before 40 mph winds come along. Already some big limbs from the neighbors tree in the yard. Weather man jum said winds have started 1 hours to the west so it will be here soon. This is gonna stink. I'll find a coffee shop tomaroww and read something on here for hours on end, just don't know what yet. I wanted to go to school tomaroww, its not official but I think it will be. Anyone who would like to trade snow for ice let me know. Unasembled ice cubes for free, all you can haul.
    Chris Cree
    Cree's Bees

Foods almost gone. Just threw the last piece of furniture in wood stove. Don't know if we have enough ammuniton to stave off another Polar Bear charge. Many hours till light------------

Margaritaville is a real place...

http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day/USFL0244
    Nobody ruins my day without my permission, and I refuse to grant it...

I forgot to give everyone my governers little tibit of advice. Read a book, and dont eat moldy food.

Im hearing the branches falling all around. Gonna have some clean up to do in the mournin.
    Chris Cree
    Cree's Bees

Too funny

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast