Hybrid View

Default Japanese campaign against neonicotinoids

Just discovered that there is a highly co-ordinated campaign in Japan against endocrine-disrupting pesticides and Neonicotinoids

http://www.kokumin-kaigi.org/pdf/Neonicotinoid_e.pdf

There is a map of Japan in this showing mass-losses of bee colonies and other forms of wildlife, correlated with areas where Neonicotoids were introduced.

It has some of the best graphics representing the ecological interactions and the central nervous system effects that I have seen.

Strongly recommend it.

Default Re: Japanese campaign against neonicotinoids

Quote Originally Posted by borderbeeman View Post
    Just discovered that there is a highly co-ordinated campaign in Japan against endocrine-disrupting pesticides and Neonicotinoids...
    Yep, they got corn growing in Japan from horzion to horzion. Oh, my bad, I should have said Iowa, where CCD is a non issue
    Scrapfe---Never believe anything in politics until it has been officially denied.--Otto von Bismarck.

If you look at the Japanese report, they use neonicotinoids on a vast range of fruit and vegetable crops - everything from rice and maize through to strawberries, apples, zuccini, peppers, tomatoes - as you do in the USA - EVERYTHING. They also note that Nicotinoids are widely used in Japanese forests - aerial spraying of trees etc - and in the home and garden - a very wide range of products.

Worth a look.
    Last edited by borderbeeman; 01-25-2011 at 01:18 PM.

If it's so easily shown then why can't anyone repeat it consistantly? Come on, you can't honestly believe everything you read on the internet.
    Ninja, is not in the dictionary. Well played Ninja's, well played...

If it's so easily shown then why can't anyone repeat it consistantly?
    Would you mind rephrasing your question in full English sentences? I have no idea what you are referring to. What do you mean by 'it'?
    I do know what you mean by 'consistantly' - or at least I assume you mean: 'consistently' ?

borderbeeman,

I notice 14 of your 15 post so far have been about chemicals.
    This being a bee forum, let's hear a little about your beekeeping, skills, practices, and actual bee experiences.

Thanks
    PCM
    Last edited by Barry; 01-25-2011 at 03:15 PM. Reason: watch your language

Quote Originally Posted by borderbeeman View Post
    Would you mind rephrasing your question in full English sentences? I have no idea what you are referring to. What do you mean by 'it'?
    I do know what you mean by 'consistantly' - or at least I assume you mean: 'consistently' ?
    Everything is there to constitute a full sentence. Going after my spelling is the a fools errand, you understood the question but chose to try to show how intellectual you are and avoid actually answering the question.

But I'll resubmit the question again. If neonicotinoids are so easily shown as the cause of all of these mass losses then it should be easily repeatable elsewhere. The problem is these are merely unsubstantiated claims that haven't yet been proven or repeatable. Even Joseph Goebbels knew well enough not to believe his own propaganda.
    Ninja, is not in the dictionary. Well played Ninja's, well played...