Re: Lost My Hive :(
Leaving the brood in the deadout will develop mold from the decomposing brood. The bees will most likely never use it. If you are using wax foundation replace it. This will eliminate possible disease comb that may have caused the demise of the hive in the first place.
If you are using plastic foundation scrap the comb off the foundation pressure wash it. Re coat it with wax and re-use it. I have an old dishwasher that I wash plastic foundation from old and nasty comb that I am rotating out of use, that works very well.
I was told at a queen rearing class at the University of Minnesota never use honey from brood comb for human consumption. It’s OK to feed it back to the bees like honeydreams mentioned.
The Busy Bee teaches two lessons: One is not to be idle and the other is not to get stung.