Hi Everyone,

Based on my previous thread asking about the oldest queens out there, I would like to take another shot at the drone project I ran 2 years ago.

For the first drone project, I asked for drones from survivor colonies in exchange for daughters from the resulting II queens.

For the Drone Project II, I would like to ask for drones from "OLD QUEENS". I have some of the original inseminated queens from the first drone project. Assuming they survive the winter, it will be their 3 season. My goal is to raise daughters from those II queens and inseminate them with drones from old queens.

I would like to keep this project on a small scale, but collect drones from 5-6 old queens that have proven themselves over the years. It is important to be able to verify the age of the queen. My first priority is to use daughters from the first drone project, but if they do not make it through a third winter, then I have several other Karnica queens that will work too.

If you have an old queen and would be interested in trading some drones for some inseminated daughter queens from the project, please contact me at ohioqb@aol.com I hope to find queens out there that are at least 3 years old, and preferably 4 & 5 years old.

Thanks,
Joe