Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Almost feels like a winter flow

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  matt1954 
#1 ·
Dandelion, clover and more in middle end of Nov ehhh...

I was deer hunting, noticed trees budding too.

This weather is crazy, I guess the worst is coming.

Bees are collecting massive pollen. I have the hives buttoned up however I almost feel like throwing a honey supper on with all the flowers blooming in my yard and all around. So tempting to open up the hives to see whats going on in there. So much activity going on outside I hope they are stockpiling ontop what they already had and I hope they are not getting honey bound.

Just my thoughts. I am in Virginia.

#6 ·
Chris, as warm as it was today I decided to go into the hives. I was shocked. Most frames were capped. I had been feeding 2:1 but that comes to a screeching halt as of now. My "welfare bees" are just going to have to make do with what they have now. Concerned there is no room for egg laying.

I saw some with pollen in the basket, but not many. Been busy bush hogging another couple of acres to move hives in the spring and place new hives. Fielding phone calls 7-8 times a day now. Someone here said this was supposed to be the slow time. I think I was misled! ;--)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.