Default removing bees from supers

what method do most people use for removing bees from honey supers?

i only have a few hives, and i do everything myself. this past year i used a leaf blower to remove bees. it worked pretty good and i have no problem continuing, but is there a better way?

also, where do all the bees go? doesn't it overcrowd the hive when you take a bunch of supers off?

Default Re: removing bees from supers

Fume board and Be Go or Honey robber. Takes about five minutes per hive. Some of the bees this time of year are on their last legs. There will be plenty of room in about a month.

I always use onle a leaf blower. The leaf blower I use is a Husqvarna pro Backpack. Them bees get blown all over the bee yard. They always seem to find their way home though. Cheaper than chemicals in the long run. Easier on your eyes, throat and nose as well.

I've always used an inner cover with some extra bee escapes in it. A few bees are left but they sweep off and it is easy and quiet.

I tried it a couple different ways last year. I tried brushing, blowing, and the fume board. I like the fume board the best. I didn't try an escape board so I'm not sure about that way.