Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: beekeeper beginner from Slovenia

Just wondering, but it looks like this would bee perfect for a warre system.
    I am building a fieldstone garden shed, it would be easy to add a second floor and make it into a bee house, the bear issue would be solved a bit better then worrying about my electric fence.
    Does anyone have pictures of the inside, or better yet how a warre system would work in it.
    I am picturing in my head, that you wouldnt need the roof on the warre, and you would work it like normal, adding boxes under, you would just need a stationary floor.
    By any accounts they are awesome pictures and a great idea.

What a lovely Thread.
    I had the opportunity to visit Tone Fabjan in Sec many years ago and he took me to visit a queen breeder. The Slovenians are doing their beekeeping in stile. When I was there we had lunch near the beehouse and without warning a number of swarms took of. An experince I will never forget.
    Keep the photos coming - thanks!

Nice to hear that. We have quite "bad" winter - i mean no snow, and warm temperatures...maybe will get some snow in february.

You can see some my photos on http://tovornik.cit.si

By beehouse(not finished yet):

227153_152220901511082_152219778177861_306560_2240151_n.jpg
    Beekeeper from Slovenia, home of Carniolan honey bee (Apis mellifera carnica Pollman)

Bostek,

Thank you for sharing. Those are the coolest bee houses I have yet come across. I am planning one for a winter project. Was wondering what is the width of those frames ?

Cheers,
    Drew

Frames are 41x26 cm. You have some plans here:
    http://www.webslovenia.si/cebela/thu...s.php?album=48

Some images on google:
    https://www.google.si/search?q=a%C5%...=2048&bih=1051

My new domain: http://tovornik.info
    Beekeeper from Slovenia, home of Carniolan honey bee (Apis mellifera carnica Pollman)

bostek,
    Thank you very much for sharing so much with us on a hive we are not familiar with in the USA.
    I do have a question regarding the wood tray you put in the bottom of the hive in your video. What is its purpose? I am also subscribed to your YouTube site. Was the skiing movie taken this year?
    Thanks in advance.
    Mike
    N5RWH - 9a

Default Re: beekeeper beginer from Slovenia

That is crazy awesome there sorry i have to copy your photo to show my friends

No problem. You can show photos to anyone

Wood tray is a varoa tester, but it separate from az hive. newer hives already have this tester in bottom. so its included and not separate.

skiing movie is old. we got some snow today:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...f&notif_t=like

I cannot look at the new pictures, got the following message:

The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.
    Mike
    N5RWH - 9a

Help to reach my dreams

At the moment i can't afford to expand my beekeeping, so i decided to find some sponsors, that would help to to accomplish my ideas.
    Main idea is to start free, innovative biodynamic beekeeping tourism, that would involve safe bee observation (especially for kids), education, promotion and charity.
    I am also developing some less known bee products, "adopt" bee colony project, help misfortune kids, educate about bees, promoting biodynamical way of beekeeping and much more.

You can learn more about my ideas here:
    http://igg.me/p/299505/x/1951963

Any donations are greatly helpful, you can choose perks (so you get something in return) or just donate amount that you can. You can pay by paypal(and login with facebook).

Thank you

I have added project to crowdfunding site indiegogo:
    http://www.indiegogo.com/beekeeping-...1951963?c=home

And everyone that contributes, gets something - look and available perks on the right side of indeogogo site

IMAG1901.jpg

So here are some main points:

* modification of bee shed with our slovenian Aˇ hives (with hive endings) - capable to observe beekeeper behind safety glass or net
    * middle ages section - practical beekeeping in hollow tree, skeps, and first home made hives
    * LR hives section - modern hives
    * beekeeping around the world - some traditional and current hives from around the world
    * observation hives - i am developing inovative safe observation hives for smaller kids, that are lower positioned, so children can watch from the ground, and there is smaller chance to get stung. Appropriate from 1 year old and above. For example you can see my 1.5 year old daughter.
    * evolving some rare and not so known bee products
    * free tour, lecture, products tasting, learning about our carniolan bee and her current problems, diffrences between biodynamical and modern beekeeping
    * give a chance to misfortune kids to start beekeeping without starting cotst
    * photos in beekeeping suit (adult and children)
    * adopt bee colony project (individuals and companies) can "adopt" colony and monitor its progress and get their products, visit pure nature
    * donating 200 candles and 50kg of honey

So i have lots of ideas, more still waiting... so will be trying to complete as much as i can this year.

Skep waiting to get usefull
    549936_312295645503606_1256594392_n.jpg

AŽ hives are the bomb!

Quote Originally Posted by stajerc61 View Post
    Dober Dan, Kak ti kaj gre? I am in the Chicago area with 20 hives ampak sem Slovenc. Iscem recepturo za medeno zganje. Can you help?
    Čisto enostavno....˛ganje in med....nič drugega....

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bush View Post
    I am fascinated by any hive that lets me open the brood nest without lifting supers. I have a few details that I think I'm beginning to see.

1) Are the frames suspended on that metal rod we see in the back (front?) of the hive? Is there another in the front (back?)?

2) Is that a spacer across the back wall (from the point of view of the door)
    Yes to both, I have these hives and can take some more photos of them if you like. These hives are also double walled, ie insulated and have several other very nice features.
    Cheers!

Mariner,

I too find these AZ hives fascinating. I have seen the websites with pictures of plans. But, dimensions and all the details are still not clear to me. I'd like to eventually build one for my backyard. They look like a combination of a full-sized hive and an observation hive.

Tom

Innovative for us US Beekeepers...do like the way yours work.....thanks and God bless with you ideas to help others and share...Deb

some of these images don't seem to open but the links mostly do and have great pics, thanks. I like the rain/snow melt water recovery system, simple and elegant and keeps the bees well watered.

You can see some of my pictures here:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/%C4%8...=photos_stream

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast