Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: beekeeper beginner from Slovenia

Some of these pics are professional quality, you have a very good eye and know how to use your camera. Thanks for sending me the link to these pics, I enjoy them very much.

Quote Originally Posted by bostek View Post
    I am back again I made a little video, so you can see how i am cheking my bees... i am just a beginner, so maybe others are doing other way... but you can see how are we working with our hives:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-hF9KFl-zk

HI Bostek:

I just ordered an AZ hive from Logar in SLovenia. It is expected to arrive in a couple of weeks. I would be very interested in staying in touch with you in case I have any questions setting it up. My email is igep21@gmail.com. I would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions. Mine will be out in the open for now, I will also have some Langstroth hives near it.

Peg

Default Re: beekeeper beginer from Slovenia

Enjoyed the Slovenian comment.

Hi Bostek:

I would like some advice. I tried to email you but the message was returned
    I have an AZ hive on order but haven't the slightest idea of how to house it or how to manage it. I would really appreciate and suggestions and pictures if possible. I may need to wait until next year to set it up. Please contact me
    Peg in Boston MA
    igep21@gmail.com

Smile Re: beekeeper beginner from Slovenia

Quote Originally Posted by igep View Post
    HI Bostek:

I just ordered an AZ hive from Logar in SLovenia. It is expected to arrive in a couple of weeks. I would be very interested in staying in touch with you in case I have any questions setting it up. My email is igep21@gmail.com. I would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions. Mine will be out in the open for now, I will also have some Langstroth hives near it.

Peg
    Hi again:

I just watched your video checking the beehives. What is the board that you used for support? Is that the sipalnik or wood strewer? Is that also used for installing the bees or is there a better method? With Lang hives I take out about 4-5 frames and lay the box right in and let them walk out. Could that be done with the AZ hive?? Thanks

Hello, I am looking to buy colonies this spring, do you have any for sale or can anyone refer someone who is selling Carnica colonies in Slovenia. Thank You.

If I understood you correctly, you are located in Slovenia and would like to aquire a beehive and bees? If that's the case you can check the following link or ask around, I'll bet that you'll find what your looking for fast. Remember Slovenia has the most bee keepers per capita ... Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner View Post
    If I understood you correctly, you are located in Slovenia and would like to aquire a beehive and bees? If that's the case you can check the following link or ask around, I'll bet that you'll find what your looking for fast. Remember Slovenia has the most bee keepers per capita ... Cheers

http://www.bolha.com/kmetijstvo-gozdarstvo/cebelarstvo/

Or let me know where you are ( what region) and I'll put you in touch with someone.

Michael,

The frames are supported by the metal rod, and they have a spacer on the wall that they can engage. Think of it like sliding out a book from a rack. Many people make their own wooden ware and the metal components are readily available. If your interested let me know and I'll take some pics for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner View Post
    http://www.bolha.com/kmetijstvo-gozdarstvo/cebelarstvo/

Or let me know where you are ( what region) and I'll put you in touch with someone.
    Thank You for your reply, I am actually in Albania, I would like to adopt the Carnica race here.

Quote Originally Posted by Robt View Post
    Hello, I am looking to buy colonies this spring, do you have any for sale or can anyone refer someone who is selling Carnica colonies in Slovenia. Thank You.
    I have one Pislak queen, will see her performance this spring. Also know some other beeks that are satisfied with them, will see their results this season also. Also I know they are sold wide in Europe.

http://cebelarstvo-pislak.si/welcome/
    The one who flies is worthy.The one who is worthy flies.The one who doesn't fly isn't worthy. Il gruppo TNT.

> If your interested let me know and I'll take some pics for you.

I'd love to seem more details on how the frames are suspended and how you pull them out.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

It is great to have folks on the list that are using AZ hives in the bee house style.

Could you post more details on how these hives are constructed and managed?
    How do you super them for honey production when the vertical space appears to be limited (fixed)?
    Doesn't the bee house get filled with stray bees that can't make it back to their hive after an inspection?
    Very interesting way to manage bees.
    Janne....first hives April 2013, 19 hives, treat, plant zone 8b, at sea level, latitude 49.13, longitude 123.06

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bush View Post
    > If your interested let me know and I'll take some pics for you.

I'd love to seem more details on how the frames are suspended and how you pull them out.
    I don't work with AŽ, but I saw this video and a pics, which I think will show you what you asked for. My mentor has some AŽ grom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td77m9nvM1E

http://poljoprivredni-forum.com/showthread.php?t=26822
    The one who flies is worthy.The one who is worthy flies.The one who doesn't fly isn't worthy. Il gruppo TNT.

Thanks. Very interesting. The powered bee brush was something else... not sure what to think of it.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

My mentor has one, I worked with it, fast going through supers, don't bring the bees along.. More and more is used here ( let's say - popular). It runs on car battery.

Interesting thread, thanks a million for reviving it. Curiosity got me and did some Googling for images and the artwork on some Slovenian hives is astounding.

Tell the truth, it's easier to remember.

>the artwork on some Slovenian hives is astounding.

Now I see why they invented bee houses. To protect their paintings!

I'd love to know more about how the frames slide in and out of the hives. What keeps them hanging in the hives..
    Thomas Bartram - 43 - 8 F langs, 22 Italian & 21 Russian

Bottom metal bars, metal spacers. Not easy but when get the routine not such fuss..

Some played and made langs something simmilar.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast