Default Squirrel hunting.

Hambone, I was squirrel hunting on the Tennessee River last week when I spied a squirrel cutting a hickory nut while sitting on the end of a log sticking out into the river. I slipped silently into place to take the shot and drew a fine bead on the squirrel’s head. As my trigger finger tightened, a huge large mouth bass erupted out of the water and snatched that old squirrel right off the end of that log and disappeared into the river with the squirrel’s tail sticking out of the bass’s mouth. As I stared in amazement and watched the ripples slowly disappear, that same bass surfaced, and set a fresh hickory nut on the end of the log!
    Scrapfe---Never believe anything in politics until it has been officially denied.--Otto von Bismarck.

Default Re: Squirrel hunting.

clever!
    Dwayne.S
    Westmoreland N.Y.

I was at my sisters house a few years ago fishing in a stocked pond(a couple of acres)and I was casting along the shoreline when I saw a bird land on the tall grass next to shore.As it landed the grass started to tilt over towards the water and about 6 inches before it hit the surface a bass blew out of the water and nailed the bird and was gone.The bass wasnt that large,probably about 4-5 pounds,but he sure was hungry.Earlier this year that pond turned over and we lost all of the fish so I guess I will never get to witness that again.

Best one I ever saw was when me and a buddy were flipping a bank and up from the water came what looked like the middle of a snake (picture just the middle bowed up with out the head or tail showing) about 15 foot off of the bank. Slowly it started moving towards the bank and the bowed up part started to get bigger and bigger as it moved towards the shore line. Soon enough the body of a blue heron started to appear. He was walking backwards towards the shallows of the shore dragging a four pound large mouth. He finally got it in the grass and started pecking it to death. It weighed to much for him to pick it up out of the water with that long skinny neck.

scrap iron that was a good one for sure, i am going to steal it for sure!!

Thumbs Up Re: Squirrel hunting.

In my 60+ years I've seen a lot of goooood stuff in the wild!! Squirrels falling out of thes 30+ feet, shake it off and back to the tree. Havent seen a BASS put a nut back on a log yet! (GOOD ONE). Best one I saw: being just south of lake Erie, Going to a job site I noticed a Bald Eagle (a big one) comming down, slowed down, the eagle turned and flew along the road, dived and NAILED a cat in one swoop. Gues it was breakfest time

I have also seen a bass get a bird from a cat tail.